Nordic Wannabee Tournament - Redux

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't exchange any PBEM file with Gisonm. That means still have the two-turn beginning with Rother and I offer the replacement to choose between a new beginning (after watching the movies to get the same chance to spot units) or to continue the game as Rother played.

Thanks for tanking care of this, treeburst.

I have warned my last two oponents (CombinedArms and Sgt_Kelly), but i think i'll post it here too: i'm going on vacation tomorrow (Jan 31), and i'm going to be away from computer until February 11th. Big mountains calls me! :D

The game with Sgt_Kelly is very near the end (last two turns) and will make it inside the official deadline, however the game with CombinedArms will take a little longer to finish and we will probably need extension (CombinedArms is a "replacement" player).

See ya.

Originally posted by ciks:

I have warned my last two oponents CombinedArms will take a little longer to finish and we will probably need extension (CombinedArms is a "replacement" player).

See ya.

Combined Arms fights rather unconventionel. He keeps sending me wrong moves. 8)

We´re in the middle of our game. One turn a day.

All other games are through.

Scheer out

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Are you saying that you're only on turn two with Fytinghellfish? Has he disappeared too? How about the rest of Section One? Are you guys getting turns from Fytinghellfish?

I'm at turn 14 of 18 with him. He got noticeable slower after Christmas, though. Last turn Jan 30.

I think I've found a replacement for Rother/gibsonm in Section One. He doesn't have an email address listed so we'll have to wait until he checks the forum before I can brief him and send him the necessary files.

As for fytinghellfish, it appears he is still with us since Redwolf has just recently received a turn. We won't make the Feb. 14 deadline, but we're making progress. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

A note on the scoring system:

Nabla has finished his latest version of the scoring program. There are three variables in the formula that Nabla and I will be determining the best values for. We are using the almost completed results of the Wild Bill tournament to aid us in this determination. The scores of this tournament are NOT being considered in this process. IOW, we aren't manipulating the formula to achieve a desired outcome. The Wild Bill tournament will be decided using an older version of the Nabla formula. Your scoring formula will be better because we have the Wild Bill tourney to analyze.

You guys in Section One need to contact Uber General and discuss whether or not you want to start over or continue the game. In his three games as Germans he has already prepared his setup moves if you want to start over.

If you wish to continue the present games you need to send a move to Uber General. If you are the Allies against Uber General, and never even received a setup from Rother then let him know. He has a setup all ready for you. Thanks!

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Sgt. Gold,

Are you saying that you're only on turn two with Fytinghellfish? Has he disappeared too? How about the rest of Section One? Are you guys getting turns from Fytinghellfish?

Treeburst155 out.

I'm here.. just having a devil of a time with Gold's turns. The PBEM data keeps showing up as email text, and when I try to save it in PBEM format (copy and paste, making a new .txt file), sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. e're working on it, though.

Just thought I'd update you TB155 (BTW, why 155?)

My two remaining games are now more than two thirds completed with Wreck posting regular emails and Lopaka doing likewise (albeit it a little bit slower). I anticipate being completed by the middle or maybe three quarters through February if that's any help to you in terms of likely completion dates for the various sections (section 3 BTW in my case).

Plus this thread needs to be on page one & not languishing on the 2nd's boards.

Regards

Jim R.