Nordic Wannabee Tournament - Redux

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to thank all of those who have already written some AARs: you've written some pretty darn interesting pieces of text. Excellent reasoning (if not hindsight smile.gif ) for courses of action taken. Keep them texts coming!

Oh, and if Treeburst155's mailbox can handle it, I would be completely knocked over if you wanted to include a screenshot or two (if you write Word documents). :D

Posting this here too, to better reach all the nordic people.

The real thread is here: Nordic Championships (part II)

---------

Only indirectly related to the tournament..

Some while ago me, Gustra and Cogust had talk of a Nordic CM'ers get-together! It'd be here in Finland, since I'm too lazy to travel far...

I'm not at all sure that is going to happen, at least in that large scale, but I thought I'd ask around if there's interest.

The thought I had, was to begin the meeting by visiting

the Tank Museum at Parola

After that we could hang around that miserable hellhole called Hämeenlinna, or do something else. Pretty much everything is still open.

It'd be better to arrange the meeting sometime when the weather is somewhat less awful and little warmer.

So, would you be interested?

-----------

How far is that museum form Helsinki?

I surely would like to participate, but one museum and possibilty to watch the Finns drinking does not convince me to drive there from Riga ;)

Maybe some weekend programm could be organised? Some more sightseening?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ciks:

How far is that museum form Helsinki?

I surely would like to participate, but one museum and possibilty to watch the Finns drinking does not convince me to drive there from Riga ;)

Maybe some weekend programm could be organised? Some more sightseening?<hr></blockquote>

It's ..umm.. about 100-150 km from helsinki.

Juha Ahoniemi already suggested (in the other nordic thread) that we'd visit the artillery museum too, also at the same town.

And yeah, maybe it could/should be a two day trip. Although, watching drunken finns is such a rare opportunity that one shouldn't hesitate...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

It's ..umm.. about 100-150 km from helsinki.

Juha Ahoniemi already suggested (in the other nordic thread) that we'd visit the artillery museum too, also at the same town.

And yeah, maybe it could/should be a two day trip. Although, watching drunken finns is such a rare opportunity that one shouldn't hesitate...<hr></blockquote>

Maybe we need a separate thread for this discussion? And, yeah, if i, in some of my darkest hours, want to see a drunken finn, i go to the Tallinn ferry port.

P.S. The Meeting of the Devils is just SICK scenario.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

I've received an alternative addy from Combined Arms. Looks like it might work.

Me and Mr Johnson are now also finished.

Just the last couple of turns with Ciks and the whole hog with Combined Arms to go now.<hr></blockquote>

Sorry about his addressing problem. Sgt. Kelly and I are now back on track. When is this tourney supposed to be over, anyway? Are my games the only ones that are well behind? (Recall that I jumped in as a replacement very recently.)

I have a fairly fierce real world 10 days ahead where regular PBEMs will have to do, then could probably do some TCP/IPs to finish games in early Feb if that will help.

Section one folks:

I'm back from vacation and will send turns Tuesday evening.

Treeburst:

no word from gibson this year, but I didn't send out reminders either. I think it might be a good idea if you contact him centrally instead of all of us filling his mailbox. What was it about requiring a telephone number...

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: redwolf ]</p>