Garry Kump does it - complete Uniform BMP listing, with dates

Wow! And he did that in two days by modding all the infantry BMPs and looking at them in game :eek:

Okay, now that the self lauding tongue.gif is over with, that is how it was done. Not by official sources. There is a list of 21 of the 616 BMPs that have not been resolved. Couldn't find them in the the game anywhere. So do you original CMBB artists (like the now famous Fernando) recognize any of them? Please shed light if you can. Even if they are unused.

Michael Dorosh, that was amazing how fast you got that posted. That page is getting to be quite a large one. Looking good!

Time to get back to work on that "other" project...

[ September 29, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by kump:

Okay, now that the self lauding tongue.gif is over with, that is how it was done. Not by official sources. There is a list of 21 of the 616 BMPs that have not been resolved. Couldn't find them in the the game anywhere. So do you original CMBB artists (like the now famous Fernando) recognize any of them?

I've send you an e-mail with the requested data a few minutes ago.

Originally posted by Fernando:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kump:

Okay, now that the self lauding tongue.gif is over with, that is how it was done. Not by official sources. There is a list of 21 of the 616 BMPs that have not been resolved. Couldn't find them in the the game anywhere. So do you original CMBB artists (like the now famous Fernando) recognize any of them?

I've send you an e-mail with the requested data a few minutes ago.</font>

Hola Knac, ¿que tal?

616 bmp files :eek: ? Are you sure? I didn't know there are so many uniform files. I have never counted how many files I did for CMBB.

Btw, yes, it took a lot of time to do the uniform textures, but I would never say that I "wasted" my time on those textures. No matter how much time took me to do them, it took MUCH more time to Kwazydog to do the wonderful textures included in the game. I and other modders helped BFC, but the bulk of the work has been done by Dan. Every time I look at the game, I fully realice in amazement how much time took him to do the lots and lots of wonderful game textures.

Yes, you are right. There was no place in the CD nor time to do them.

Anyway all nationalities but Finns wear wool tunics, so I guess they won't be as cold as if they were wearing cotton gartments :D

OTOH, Finns wear Summer cotton tunics which may look odd in ground snow conditions, so I've done a mod which replace the Finnish cotton tunics by the woolen one already worn by the Finnish Coy/Bn HQ.

Sure, a woollen tunic isn't as warm as an overcoat or winter jacket, but I guess Finns will feel warmer in them than in the current cotton ones smile.gif

Thanks Fernando, got your email. Michael and I will take action and thanks for participating!

Also can't resist to publicly say thanks again for the wonderful infantry textures you did in CMBB. Germans are fantastic. And those Italians, brilliant.

PS: Its actually a little smaller than 616. That is how many files that was in my backup folder for the 9### series of bmp's. That includes some 9## files, so the actual number is a little lower. But not by much. I'll look at more closely and give the exact number.

[ September 30, 2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by Fernando:

Yes, you are right. There was no place in the CD nor time to do them.

Anyway all nationalities but Finns wear wool tunics, so I guess they won't be as cold as if they were wearing cotton gartments :D

OTOH, Finns wear Summer cotton tunics which may look odd in ground snow conditions, so I've done a mod which replace the Finnish cotton tunics by the woolen one already worn by the Finnish Coy/Bn HQ.

Sure, a woollen tunic isn't as warm as an overcoat or winter jacket, but I guess Finns will feel warmer in them than in the current cotton ones smile.gif

Fernando,

Everybody knows REAL Finns don't need no stinkin' uniforms. Ok, well maybe a loin-cloth during the really cold months of winter, but only while in between attacks (as Finns are never on the defensive).

Gordon

Sorry if this has been answered before, but does that mean we will not see any official winter uniforms in CMBB or will they be added to later in a patch like the shared vehicle textures? If no official ones will be released, will we be able to add winter uniform textures in the manner like in CMBO?

Commissar,

No and Yes.

There is no official winter uniforms shipped with CMBB, as it was in CMBO.

However, CMBB does use the same winter system as did CMBO, whereby MODers may add winter uniform sets that coexists with the summer/fall sets. If snow is used, the game will load the alternate winter set if available, else the summer/fall sets if not.

Give it some time. I'm sure we will start seeing the winter uniform MODs hitting the internet soon enough.

Originally posted by kump:

Commissar,

No and Yes.

There is no official winter uniforms shipped with CMBB, as it was in CMBO.

However, CMBB does use the same winter system as did CMBO, whereby MODers may add winter uniform sets that coexists with the summer/fall sets. If snow is used, the game will load the alternate winter set if available, else the summer/fall sets if not.

Give it some time. I'm sure we will start seeing the winter uniform MODs hitting the internet soon enough.

Thank goodness. This also answers my question on what happened to the Soviet winter padded jacket. Since this was already made, it was in early CMBB preview screenshots, will BFC make it available for a seperate download?

MikeT,

Before I blurted out the answer, I just tested it in CMBB and it works fine, though my early German infantry are now running around with big white squares on their chests when snow is on the ground! Woohoo!

Add 50000 to the infantry texture. That is it.

9001.bmp ---> 59001.bmp for winter.

Try it. Works great.

[ October 01, 2002, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: kump ]

A follow up to Fernando's comment on infantry BMPs.

Yea, 616 was pretty close. The actual number is 614! Not counting any of the unused infantry textures and you still end up with a whopping 607!

You were certainly busy, weren't you Fernando! Beautiful job.

That is certainly a lot of winter textures to do....