GI Combat

I'd like to thank my sheep for making all this possible.

I'd also like to send a special 'hi' to my good mates, Madmatt, Steve, Moon or Kwazydog who will soon be here to shut this thread down, and/or move it to the General Forum.

Thankewe,

Mace

M is for the Madmatt that will lock this

O is for Off topic posting here

T is for the Time it takes to find this

H is for the Hi moms that you give us

E is for the Endless "do a seaches"

R is for the end is Really near

Put them all together, they spell MOTHERRRR........

Okay, so I thought I would finally jump into one of these, but it's only because I have something useful to add. Here is a quote from a recent interview with Eric Young regarding Close Combat 3-D:

"I don't call G.I. Combat a war game."

Any questions? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SuperTed:

Okay, so I thought I would finally jump into one of these, but it's only because I have something useful to add. Here is a quote from a recent interview with Eric Young regarding Close Combat 3-D:

Yes. When is the next Strategic Command AAR due?

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

Yes. When is the next Strategic Command AAR due?</font>

Originally posted by Priest:

DOH!

Hello alienation of your core fanbase, goodbye respectability.

Yes yes Matt sorry sorry.

Priest,

Speaking of distancing himself from respectability, Eric further explains at the GI Combat forum:

"Games like GI Combat, Close Combat, and Operation Flashpoint are not traditional wargames because they do not have restrictive orders systems, complicated data flow that requires user input, and are very much action based in concept. The user does not have to know anything about World War II or military tactics to get enjoyment out of the real time action going on in the game. Thus they appeal to a much larger group of gamers than people that call themseves wargamers. These titles are more cross over titles from realtime startegy and FPS type games."

The penultimate sentence is the key here. It's all about appealing to a "larger group," folks.

I think it's time we told the Battlefront.com boys how much we appreciate that they keep it real here. smile.gif

G.I. Combat is an RTS anyway. Games like Combat Mission feel more Epic to me, for some reason.

an RTS is usually fast and you have to think very quick, I want a WWII RTS, but later, when they are really beefed up.

CM:BB will be enough strategy for me at this point.

[ May 11, 2002, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Volker ]