Bug/Inconsistencies List

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Vanir Ausf B:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

#1 headache) Mortars shifting their spotter to the nearest HQ. This one drives me out of my mind with just about every single game. But I'm the only one??

Hardly. This has been brought up periodically ever since CMBO was released, most recently a few weeks ago. The ability to assign HQs to independent units has been a much asked for feature.</font>

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />* The suppression thresholds for panicking, breaking and routing are a bit higher.

* Fatigue rate for sneak movement is moderately reduced.

LOL, hidden under some fix for a rare Finn unit, are the two most important fixes of the entire patch! They should be at the top of the list! smile.gif

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot...we fixed that problem...lemme jog your memory here...you know...the problem with the infantry breaking and tiring out too quickly...that itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny little problem that made infantry completely useless...

:D Well, I'm glad to see that "little problem" made it in the patch.</font>

True. Makes me wonder exactly how much it was tweaked given that it came under all those other minor changes.

I think my worst fear here is that the infantry's role in QB battles will be reduced. I'm sure this wasn't the case in real life and I would like to see this reflected in the game. If tanks and mg's rule the battlefield, it would make for some dull fighting--like playing chess without using pawns. Ladder games would result in everyone choosing armor...unless it's a heavily-treed map.

[ November 09, 2002, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

Belayed thanks to Madmatt for including the fix for guns moving thru fences.

I had designed a scenario (imagine a limbered battery on the road and it needs to set up quick---yes, on a road with fences along side)

What redesign the map? Never

Get the software changed!

Thanks

Originally posted by Madmatt:

* Move to Contact stops the moving unit only if a spotted enemy appears in the moving unit's covered arc (if any).

Hmm. Don't know about this. I know this is what a lot of people have been asking for, but I'm not sure that this is the right way to address the problem. Does MtC still function the old way if the unit has no covered arc?

* Trenches may be placed over craters and pavement.
Good.

* Quick Battles set in northern or Finnish regions in winter are highly likely to have snow on the ground even during non-snowing weather.
Cool. But can Snow be selected as a ground condition in QBs even in non-snow weather in winter battles in other theaters?

* The suppression thresholds for panicking, breaking and routing are a bit higher.

* Fatigue rate for sneak movement is moderately reduced.

These are good.

Michael

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I think my worst fear here is that the infantry's role in QB battles will be reduced. I'm sure this wasn't the case in real life and I would like to see this reflected in the game. If tanks and mg's rule the battlefield, it would make for some dull fighting--like playing chess without using pawns. Ladder games would result in everyone choosing armor...unless it's a heavily-treed map.

Agreed. Hopefully Patch1.01 shows our fear is unfounded.