CM3 before the engine rewrite ?

Yeah, I would call it optimism. I'm not an eye candy addict, but it will keep BFC going in the right direction to keep it looking as good as they can. They made CMBB to run on mid-line comps, and there are a ton of folks still playing on the same comp that wasn't exactly cutting edge when CMBO came out.

If you think you can play even just this game (which is almost all I play), and keep a comp for more than 4 years, even with upgrades, then, sorry, you will have to wait on that Hellcats upgrade.

Technological advancement is generally a good thing, but damn its expensive.

Originally posted by Soddball:

But what about the months of playtesting?...isn't that contracted out to enthusiastic Brits with a penchant for starting FAQ threads? :D

Nah. I think there is a clause in the BFC corporate bylaws that if they were ever to make the mistake of doing that, time would reverse and the entire universe would get swallowed by a black hole. We couldn't let that happen, now could we?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

Yeh, I'm the kinda guy who's still waiting for that promised upgrade to 'Hellcats over the Pacific".

I think that's slated for release the day after Christ returns to earth.

Michael</font>

Halberdier,

Is that supposed to be before or after Flying Nightmares II comes out?
Hehe... man, what a friggin HUGE disapoint Flying Nightmares was. Hellcats, on the other hand, is one of the best game I ever played. Hehe... even have a flight chair and Thrustmaster stuff I bought off them at a MacWorld show. Apple sold them a whole bunch of 9500s real cheap so they didn't have room in their van for it smile.gif

Guys... we really don't have anything to say on this subject at the moment. The new engine won't be ready for 2 years. In the thread on Oleg's game I misread a part of The_Capt's question. He asked if we had been working on the new engine during CMBB development... I implied the answer was yes, but the fact is 100% of our attention was on CMBB. No work was done on the new engine until very recently.

Steve

Thanks for the comment, Steve

Doesn't the >2 years development for the new engine seem to you as an argument for releasing a med theatre CM, with the current CMBB engine ? Just to fill the time gap. And allow all the CM fans to get some fresh flesh, till the holy graal of the rewrite... ;)

[ December 10, 2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Sigurd ]

The choices are:

1. Pre-CMBO, western front.

2. Med/N. Afrika

3. Pacific

I have always felt I was born 30 years too late, and should have been a tanker with Rommel, and feel that some of the rest of you feel that way also. My vote is for Med/N.Afrika.

Originally posted by Mikelas:

The choices are:

1. Pre-CMBO, western front.

2. Med/N. Afrika

3. Pacific

I have always felt I was born 30 years too late, and should have been a tanker with Rommel, and feel that some of the rest of you feel that way also. My vote is for Med/N.Afrika.

It seems to me that 1 and 2 could be easily one game - the weapons overlap greatly and there would be no more variety than CMBB brought to us. I would like to see CM WestFront - with 1940 to 1945, Narvik to Tobruk (including the current CMBO scope).

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Hellcats, on the other hand, is one of the best game I ever played.

I have only two games which are 'keep until the Y3K bug'; one is about a month old, (guess what it's called. Hint: rhymes with 'BM' , 'PeePee' ) and the other one... how old is Hellcats now, like fifty years old?

Guys... we really don't have anything to say on this subject at the moment. The new engine won't be ready for 2 years.
Think nothing of it; not a problem. We will wait silently and patiently until you have something to tell us, no later than next week.

Eden