Modders: what are you working on?

In light of a few new mod previews popping up on the board here and there I thought it would be fun to start a general mod preview thread. So what are you working on? Got any screenshots? If so, post 'em here! Don't be shy! Let's try to rekindle the modslut spirit of the past, when men were men and mod announcement threads were rich with admiring and astonished posts! :D

Besides, I'm curious to see what everyone's working on.

I'm nearly done with the Dailmer AC, and have started on another project, the nature of which will be revealed maybe tonight or this weekend. I'll post whatever screenshots I can when I get home. smile.gif

well, since you asked...

I think I'm one of the most frustrated modders out there. I've got a bunch of stuff in the works, but nothing is ready to go (and hasn't been for about three months).

I'm closest to finishing a Panther G (late) with "mottled" camo. I also have in the works: Panther G, Panther G (late) - winter, Panther G winter, Tiger I, and Tiger I winter. Oh, and the beginnings of a StuH (winter).

I was thinking of releasing them in two parts, a "Panther Pack" of 6 (A, G, GL & winter variants), and a "Tiger Pack" (reg & winter). But it's tough finding good raw pictures of models to mod. I finally found a decent Panther set, worked on it, and then discovered that I was making one of the original Panthers (either BTS or MadMatt)! Talk about re-inventing the wheel! Oh well, at least mine will be hi-res.

Oh yeah, and I still have a half-done series of Shermans modified into French Souma-35s. I'm hiding from MikeT, who originally requested them for his French conversion mods. I deserve a good ass-kicking from him.

And I was trying some sandbag mods for Bergman's Shermans, you know, the ones piled all over the front and sides. But so far, they don't look too good.

<sigh> How do you real mod guys do it (Marco, Andrew, Fernando, Makjager, et.al...)? How do you keep banging this wonderful stuff out? The only thing I've actually released to the public has been my Winter German hood mod, which I think is being used by about three people. Meanwhile, every time I turn around, someone's producing another masterpiece or three.

How about a website devoted to the how-to's of mod-building. I'm sure I'm doing things the extra-long way...

-Joshik

Well, being the bloody parasite that I am, :rolleyes: most of what I work on depends on the other modders getting their work done. smile.gif

So, let's see, off the top of my head, there's the Ambush camo versions of Fernando's SdKfz 250s (summer and winter), the hasty versions of Fernando's SdKfz 250s and SdKfz 251s (summer and winter), Andrew's snow-covered Jeep, I'm supposed to make a CMMOS version of Andrew's Jeep if somebody doesn't get it done first, the camo, snow-covered and whitewashed versions of Pawbroon's Archer. I THINK that's about all that I'm allowed to talk about, but it's definitely NOT everything that I'm working on. :(

But then again, I'm such a push-over that if just about anyone comes up to me and asks if I'd like to do "X version" of one of their mods I usually say yes. :cool:

Gordon

Give us more previews! With images! smile.gif

OK..let´s have a look....

ad10.jpg

Still under construction........ :rolleyes:

ad11.jpg

In a few days you can have weatfields AND VEGETABLE (SP?) on your map ! :cool: :cool:

Cheers

Tom

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Tom ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Those vegetables do not look historic, no carrots and no ratishes. C'mon at least try! tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

I agree. All of the reference material on this suggests that most european nations did not switch from wheat to veg fields until the post war period.

Many axis and allied TC were worried durring the war that carrots and potatos would jam up their road wheels and leave them immobile amongst swarms of crazed rabbits.

Nothing was more dreaded by tank crews than the horrific "rabbit tank rushes" such as those that took place in '44 in Normandy. Many tank crews were nipped to death when caught in veggie fields positioned between the bocage. ;)

Damit !!! You discovered the secret weapon that´s hidden in this veg fields !!! " Kampfgruppe Muemmelmann " ( KG Ueberrabbit ) will teach the allied tankers a deadly lesson. But this mod has also benefits for the allied soldiers: you can take vegetables from the field ( it was VERY hard to change the CM sourcecode for this feature ) and throw it in direction of the enemy. If you hit , your platoon get´s a moral bonus !

Next thing to come: wandering trees and talking bushes...stay tuned. :eek:

Cheers

Tom

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

I agree. All of the reference material on this suggests that most european nations did not switch from wheat to veg fields until the post war period.

Many axis and allied TC were worried durring the war that carrots and potatos would jam up their road wheels and leave them immobile amongst swarms of crazed rabbits.

Nothing was more dreaded by tank crews than the horrific "rabbit tank rushes" such as those that took place in '44 in Normandy. Many tank crews were nipped to death when caught in veggie fields positioned between the bocage. ;) <hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tom:

But this mod has also benefits for the allied soldiers: you can take vegetables from the field ( it was VERY hard to change the CM sourcecode for this feature ) and throw it in direction of the enemy. If you hit , your platoon get´s a moral bonus !

Next thing to come: wandering trees and talking bushes...stay tuned. :eek:

<hr></blockquote>

Sweet. :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

I'm thinking.... new plain german uniform full set (No cammo.... just the plain old goods, for every unit).<hr></blockquote>

Uh, I did a full Feldgrau set for Heer and Waffen SS awhile back...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tom:

Give us more previews! With images! smile.gif

OK..let´s have a look....

ad10.jpg

Still under construction........ :rolleyes:

ad11.jpg

In a few days you can have weatfields AND VEGETABLE (SP?) on your map ! :cool: :cool:

Cheers

Tom

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Tom ]<hr></blockquote>

What are you using for the veggies? Brush?