Hey Panzer Leader, did you know....

...it is good to be single? What do you think of the new knick knack I put in my living room?

del.jpg

My blown transmission could not have come at a worse time....

In any event, I thought I would post this to deflect attention away from the "when is CMBB coming out", but also to point out that there are some new additions at my GD site, linked to in my sig below. Panzer Pete does not feature into any of them, just thought he looks cool!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

...it is good to be single? What do you think of the new knick knack I put in my living room?

Um, Michael, have you ever thought that keeping these things in your living room might be why you're single?

-dale

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Seriously though, nice! Is it a repro? It looks brand new!

What woman could resist a man who sews, dalem??

PL - I converted a Swiss peacoat years ago for practically nothing. The whole thing is repro from head to toe.

Sorry guys, no genitals on it, but if anyone is interested in decent cloth mannequins with wire armature inside, email me - some guy new to ebay is selling them for reasonable prices; good for taking photos of uniforms, or scaring girls away from the apartment...whichever.

That's all very nice and all but may I ask you a question Mike? Why do you have a German in your living room? :rolleyes::D Have you found that friends don't drop by as often anymore either? Just a thought. tongue.gif No actually, very cool looking. You really didn't sew that yourself, did you? That is cool looking. I was just thinking what somebody would think if they pasted by and seen that thur the window. :eek:

This is a guy who, in a recent PBEM, chose his troops based on the uniforms that they wore. Everyone has a hobby.

The troopers turned out to be a good choice for night fighting (not because of the uniforms) - that's a different story.

Mr. Dorosh, ignore the hormonally frustrated, and sew on!

I hate to ask this because due to the amount of research Michael has put into the subject I am almost certainly wrong...but isn't the armband on the right sleeve attached a couple of inches too high? Just trying to remember how the photos I've seen looked...

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I hate to ask this because due to the amount of research Michael has put into the subject I am almost certainly wrong...but isn't the armband on the right sleeve attached a couple of inches too high? Just trying to remember how the photos I've seen looked...

Michael

The regulation was 15 cm, I just measured this one, and I have it 14 cm from the cuff. A lot of field sewing jobs were probably not so precise, so many photos may reveal incorrectly positioned insignia. I suspect they were often removed and reattached. I know the FHQ cufftitle was not allowed to be worn by troops actually on duty at Führer Hauptquartier, since it would give away the fact that Hitler was in the area - they reattached the cuff title when they went on leave. Or so I am told, anyway.

The Russians were well aware of GD's reputation (according to Spaeter anyway!) and I wouldn't doubt the cufftitles went on and off as the situation demanded. I know that Canadian units in Italy often removed and reattached insignia in a vain attempt to fool German intelligence.

But to be perfectly honest - I just eyeballed the cufftitle into place and it is not even sewn on, just held on with a tack. I added it on a whim when I discovered I still had my old GD shoulder straps in my collection.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Um, Michael, have you ever thought that keeping these things in your living room might be why you're single?

-dale</font>

Originally posted by Runyan99:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

-dale</font>

By Bruno Weiss

Trenton Cryer Staff Writer

Monday, June 24, 2002; Page A04

NEO-STORM TROOPER BLOCKS TRAFFIC

The normal morning rush hour is difficult enough for the average commuter to withstand, but today's traffic crunch was made all the worse when a World War Two German halftrack crashed the guardrail on I-76 North at City Line Avenue, and landed in the median strip.

Snarling traffic for ten miles in both directions, the crazed driver was heard to shout nicht scheizen, and Steve, where are you, as he careened in and out of traffic. Police quickly subdued the perpetrator who was dressed in full Wehrmacht regalia. The suspect has been remanded to Byberry mental health facility awaiting arraignment.