Odd sound

Hey guys,

on very rare occasions I will hear an AFV or ATG make a high pitched woop sound after they score a kill. Is that meant to be the crew shouting with excitment or something? If so, whoever did the sample must have his nads run over by a sherman to get such a high-pitched squeal... what gives?

And on the subject of sounds, has any modder out there considered adding the sound of infantry yelling and screaming and what-not to the sound of rifles/smg's etc being fired?

Cheers

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Sir Uber General ]</p>

It's probably your little Krauts going JA! I don't know why they're so happy though, toasting Shermans can't be that much of a challenge. Now the Americans, they should get to whoop it up...

Infantry yelling during weapons fire, eh? Interesting...very very interesting...I may have just the thing...

Excellent, I think it would add a lot of "feel" to the fighting. I am thinking along the lines of some of the DoD maps - without those infantry combat sounds the maps would lose their edge.

Also Whacky consider adding in the sounds of incoming small arms fire - ie - bullets zipping past and the thud-thud-thud of bullets chewing up dirt at your feet. That would be super sexy!

Cheers

Heard that whoop sound too, although I notice it happen when my shermans get KOed (followed by the hatches opening), thought maybe it was a joke from the designers or something.

Or maybe it's when my tank blow up. dunno, just souns like a looney tune or a chipmunk saying whoopie! smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Swift:

I went trough the sound files and was amazed over how many wacky sounds that existed. It is a shame that they aren’t more frequent in the game. I am a bit tired of "Hustle up" and "Go, go, go"<hr></blockquote>

Try playing the Brits more!

"Have a look at that..."

"Bloody hell"

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>The weirdest sound is that of a tank bogging down

(don't know why there should be a sound for that in the first place).

It sounds like a jet engine starting up and then being cut. <hr></blockquote>

I kind of like that sound as it really stands out and let's you know that something has bogged.

I've been able to hear opponent's vehicles bogging down before, with is great news if it was a Stug, Hetzer or 251/9.....Easy flank and kill. ;)

Gyrene

Hey Whacky, I just had a listen to your sound mods - well done! Very cool smile.gif Very DoD-esque which is what I was talking about earlier.... now to mix in those shouts and stuff. Make sure you let us all know about it if you get them done, you are certainly on the right track smile.gif

Well done!

Hey and anybody care to mod those joke sounds?

"Chew on this pineapple, Fritz!"

It's a great phrase to work into your everyday conversation. "Look, boss, I know I din't finish the project within budget, but I had to order XP-7s because the supplier was out of XP-8s and you can chew on this pineapple, Fritz!"

"Frog blast the vent core" is another good one.

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

"Chew on this pineapple, Fritz!"

It's a great phrase to work into your everyday conversation. "Look, boss, I know I din't finish the project within budget, but I had to order XP-7s because the supplier was out of XP-8s and you can chew on this pineapple, Fritz!"

"Frog blast the vent core" is another good one.

Just hold on to the grenades when you say it...

Even though I've been playing since the beta demo, I still only have a rough idea of what the Germans are yelling about - let's see, "mein bein" is bad, "ja!" is good... That's half the reason I rarely play Poles or French, I don't have a clue what they're trying to tell me. Can't wait til CMBB's Russians (and all those Axis minors).

Has anyone requested subtitles for the engine rewrite? ;)