Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Aaaargh!

I got a new nomination for my dumbest bloke on the western front award.

My favourite recipient thus far was Unteroffizier Hahman, who managed to miss a Sherman M4 with his Panther from a distance of 11 meters.

On a clear day.

But even this action fades into nothingness compared to what Sergeant Faller just did in a PBEM.

Well, I'll let these pics do the talking...

In the first one we have Sgt.Faller's M18 engage a german Panzerschreck team that already had fired a shot, missing him barely...

m18_1.jpg

Ah, what do we have here? Looks like Sgt.Faller got distracted somewhat. He decided a new threat needed to be dealt with at once!

m18_2.jpg

What could lead him to stop firing at an enemy AT team less than 100m away from his tank? A Tiger? An 88 flak? The Führer himself?

Surprise!

m18_3.jpg

Yes, an enemy infantry squad (reduced to three men, btw) at a distance of 1626 m!!!

AAAAARGGH!

What happens next? Yeah, you know...

m18_4.jpg

My neighbors surely thought I just killed someone when they heard my cry...

Edit: hmm, strange. I can't get my pics to show up here. I use lycos and never had that problem before...

Go to

photo album to see the pics.

[ June 16, 2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

edit: hmm, strange. I can't get my pics to show up here. I use lycos and never had that problem before...

Just like Geocities or Tripod, Lycos down not allow external linking.

But in contrast to them they do not block such links on the first attempt.

Everything runs fine at the beginning.

The blocking will start after a certain amount of time and/or (??) bandwidth usage.

I had the problem before myself, asked them and got a reminder on their Terms Of Service. :rolleyes:

Marcus

[ June 16, 2002, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Pictures didn't work for me but I understand your - shall we say - disappointment. I have had similar experiences and yes it does upset the family members when they hear screaming from the computer room late at night. Of course by now my wife just turns to whoever and states it's just honey playing that stupid game that's taken over his life. :D

Hm, some can see the pics, some can't. 'Guess it's time for a new pic hosting site.

And yes, boy was I pissed.

My opponent just mailed me that this was the last round of the Schreck team...

Well, for the ones who can't see the pics, click the photo album link.

This morning my neighbors gave me some queer looks when I met them.

I guess if I had explained it to them ("see, there was this M18 tank destroyer firing at a german panzerschreck team and...") it wouldn't have changed anything at all...

i share your pain. atleast YOU didnt loose a veteran tiger when he targeted a flamethrower behind him at 400m instead of the sherman75 right in front of him at 50m!!!!

my wife used to run in and ask whats wrong. after over a year of CM, now she knows why i am pounding the desk and yelling . . .

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

That is the strangest darn thing. I've seen the TacAI have problems with multiple threats up close, but never anything like that.

Yes Kerry, I've been playing CMBO now for nearly two years, but this will be my all-time favourite...

From now on I can always say:"Ah, that's nothing...I once had an M18 who targeted..."

Hehehe...Yes, who's this Faller guy?

Maybe Steve&Charles know him...

Maybe they coded a little "special (in-)ability" into Sgt.Fallers AI...

;)

[ June 16, 2002, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

There are lots of celebs dotted around CM. smile.gif

Yesterday I was palying British..

I had cpl. Pike and a cpl. Godfrey (from Dad's army), Baldrick from Blakadder was there too.

I also had a Lt. Thatcher and a Sgt. Bond

Dunno about Sgt. Brownsword though.....