Chicago Part Deux

GUYS: I'm not comming (living in Vancouver) but-

Can you check for these features while you're there?

1) Reload sounds

2) Tank speeds (slowing)

3) Method of judgin arty raduis (steve mentioned something about this earlier)

Thanks

[Montgomery Burns] Excellent!...all my plans are coming together [\Montgomery Burns]

Car is gassed up, wife has a couple new outfits, reservations are made, cell phones are charged, attitudes adjusted, house cleaned, clothes packed...it's nearing go time.

Looking forward to the trip, the rockin' ribfest, birthday dinner at the Chop House, seeing a couple museums, and of course CM:BB for a few hours.

See you at Rune's

BDH

Had to leave early but had a great time, thanks Rune. CMBB totally rocks. Geeze, I hope I didn't give away anything with that statement! Extreme fog of war is intense. There I go again, I had better stop before I say something out of line.

Thanks again to Berli for the "loan" of the bungi to fix my muffler - it worked beautifully.

Party has broken up, start posting your thoughts here. All togehter, thanks for coming over, hope you enjoyed the showing and beer and food, and thanks to everyone for coming and for bringing stuff.

Rune

Let me start by thanking Rune (and Mrs. Rune smile.gif )for the sneak peak and warm hospitality. It was a terrific afternoon.

The best way for me to sum up CMBB without getting specific is this. It is such an improvement that after playing for just a few hours, I find it seriously difficult to go back to CMBO. It's more intuitive, more immersive and even more detailed than our beloved original.

In short, it totally kicks ass...

It was a lot of fun (thanks again Rune), and the program is certainly very impressive. I have a detailed AAR I will share with people, without disclosing anything I am not supposed to. And a comparison to a similar trial in CMBO, which may give some sense of how much certain things have changed. Very much for the better, IMO.

Hoy hoy...just returned home after our trip to the Windy City and boy we had a great time.

It was a real pleasure to meet another group of CM fanatics at Rune's. A swell time was had by all and all of the initial exuberance I felt after the first preview is just cemented by the second exposure.

A hearty thanks to Rune for the excellent job at host duties including the fantastic pizza. Only the reservations at the Chicago Chop House prevented me from having more than a small piece, but it was good.

My wife and I had a fantastic meal later to finish celebrating my birthday. New York Strip and jumbo shrimp bigger than my fingers added up to one stuffed and happy guy. If you have never been, I heartily recommend this place. Nice service, wonderful steaks, and a choice wine list made it a memorable event.

Anyway, back to the sneak peek, I was particularily interested in seeing and hearing JasonC's reaction to the new system and from his AAR in another thread, he is as thrilled as the rest of us at what we saw.

From the opportunity to explore the options available when setting up a QB there is one outstanding detail that will continue to impress and perhaps even boggle the mind after the new options, doodads, and neato-keen immersion thingies become accustomed features. This is the attention to detail and the amount of research in the attempt to get the game right.

Rune mentioned one of the foremost consumers of time during the development process was the creation of the TOE for the variety of forces available. Scrounging around the setup screens gives tangible results of this effort and there are things in these tables that will be providing countless of hours of enjoyment for scenario makers and others. This is definitely a work that players will continue to be able to grow into the future.

It is good that the release is imminent as the thirst for delving deeper into this game only gets more ravenous as the exposure to it in partial measures increases.

Again it was nice to meet everyone and I hope you all had as good a time as I did this weekend.

BDH