Bridge types in CMBB

Kid I'm not trying to flame you but your sig is stupid. Think about what you're saying there. Read a book or look into the invasion a little deeper and maybe you'll reconsider your sig. Frankly there's no way I could ever take anything you say seriously with that line floating under every post you make. If it seemed like you were trying for humor I wouldn’t say anything but to me it reeks of ignorance.

I've owned the game and been reading these forums for over a year and I've never been compelled to post before. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but it seemed like in addition to the heat you're getting for your posts someone should comment on your sig. It seems like you might have a genuine interest but your sig is detracting from all of your posts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may seem like a stupid question, but should i change my screen name as well?

I like to joke around as much or more so then anyone on here, but i also have some knowledge of history. What i'm wondering is if my screen name detracts from my posts (not the humorous ones of course)?

Originally posted by Cordylus:

It seems like you might have a genuine interest but your sig is detracting from all of your posts.

Agreed. I would second changing the sig.

Gaylord Focker,

unfotunately you cannot change your username. You will have to register again with a different name.

Keith

OK! OK! I'll stop talking about rather unreal things( even though I don't really think they are really all that odd ) gosh, I never expected to meet so many combat-mission-addicts that waste their lives on being obssesed with this game. It's a game, have fun, don't be so drastic and so serious about this game. I mean god, I like the game but holy s#it! you people are crazy, I didn't know I'd meet so many stubborn fags in these forums.Sheeeese

Note: I took away my signature.

Hey bullethead. Hopefully we've given you the cold shoulder enough that you will go away.

You are a BARGE, you've posted 46 posts in 2 days and all 46 posts are useless and lack any intelligence. Have some respect and leave this board alone.

We all enjoy your kind here because it is rare that someone steps on our toes and presents them selves as a fat juicy target. Most of the forum members are of higher intellect than the rest of the population, thatswhy they play this game.

Mom...hello.... oh sorry bullethead, your mom's calling you to bed lil' boy.

Originally posted by bulletproofest:

well **** you and your ****y ass messed up friends.FFFUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK YYYOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quoted so Madmatt can see it after our new friend wises up and tries to edit it out.

God, I have been restraining myself from comment for several days now, but the quality of new members really seems to have sunk to a new time low.

I do love the tactical advice on how D-Day should have been won, though. I wasn't aware an 8mm Mauser bullet could distinguish between a live target and a dead one.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! You people are sick ****ed up pot smokin maniacs!!!! I'm quiting this insane Site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Then leave....<big>bullethead</big>.

Geez I thought it was just a game and about fun. LOL

Not that I want to get in the way of someone trying to ban themselves, but I do want to point out that there is a longtime member of this forum who goes by the handle Bullethead, and I really don't think anyone would want to see him leave.

Thanks, do carry on.

See ya later BPV - sucks to be you, huh?

*leans back and waits for inevitable*

It's been quite some time since the last guy was banned. Ah, the good ol' times...

Bulletproofest, your behaviour is not acceptable. Some people got annoyed by your off-topic postings and ridiculous claims. Don't blame others for their reaction towards you. And your insults are way off.

You now have two posibilities:

appologize and start over,

or wait 'til Madmatt kicks you out.

If you want to discuss CM and learn a lot about WW2, learn to behave.

If you just want to stir trouble, leave.

*sigh*

Well I think I did go a bit overboard with this stuff, but I just couldn't stand being called "youngster" and being taken to seriously.

Sorry and I want to apologize, hope you accept, and I'll be viewing this thread until someone replies. Sorry to all you guys back there, but this is actually the first time I joined a forum, but the pre-ordering crap is true, I was just real hyper about joining

Totaloo

P.S. can someone tell me how to change my signature? Don't hate me. :(redface.gif

*sigh*

Well I think I did go a bit overboard with this stuff, but I just couldn't stand being called "youngster" and being taken to seriously.

Sorry and I want to apologize, hope you accept, and I'll be viewing this thread until someone replies. Sorry to all you guys back there, but this is actually the first time I joined a forum, but the pre-ordering crap is true, I was just real hyper about joining

Totaloo

P.S. can someone tell me how to change my signature? Don't hate me. :(redface.gif

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Then leave....<big>bullethead</big>.

Geez I thought it was just a game and about fun. LOL

Not that I want to get in the way of someone trying to ban themselves, but I do want to point out that there is a longtime member of this forum who goes by the handle Bullethead, and I really don't think anyone would want to see him leave.

Thanks, do carry on.

See ya later BPV - sucks to be you, huh?</font>

P.S. can someone tell me how to change my signature?

At the top of the page, under the "new topic", "reply" etc. there's a link "my profile".

There you can change your sig.

And if I were you I'd pray that Madmatt is in a forgiving mood...

[ July 23, 2002, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

but this is actually the first time I joined a forum, but the pre-ordering crap is true, I was just real hyper about joining

You need to:

Learn to insult without using foul language. (This is the most important one.) Improbable propositions will generally get you in more trouble than sincere malice.

Learn not to "blab" enthusiastically unless among friends, people of like mind, or, well, extremely friendly people.

Try to understand where people are coming from better (you don't have to "fit in" - just be aware of how much you stand out from the crowd.).

And think critically. The Pre-order issue, for example: Do you think "Bobby" knows the game is only available through BFC or CDV? I think it's most likely that simple ignorance is the primary factor here. It usualy is.

Some people - most people here - would rather you were an arrogant git that was knowledgable and thought critically than, for example, a relatively ignorant, ethusiastic but - lets face it - adolsecent acting 16 yr old.

Try the General forum maybe? Just don't use obsceneties, and you should fit right in. (Not trying to "slam" you here - trying to insult the General forum.) ;)

Better luck next time.

Try the USENET newsgroups. E-mail me if you don't know about 'em. (C'mon guys, admit it - The worst poster here would improve the average level of discourse on USENET. I'm not counting the MBT, btw. While many of the cesspoolers are highly skilled at what they do, it isn't really needed on USENET.)

Poor Madmatt. "Bridge types in CMBB. I bet that's a nice peacefull topic."

[ July 24, 2002, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Tarqulene ]

um... what do you mean by in the pudding, am I forgiven, or am I screwed. :confused:

Mostly screwed, but not unforgiven.

Go away, read more, be quieter, post less stridently, bide your time, learn who people are, actually read what others say, rather than entering every discussion like a drunk vomiting on a bus, actually try to understand things others have posted before posting your opinion, learn.

Unless you're an un-recoverable halfwit, this will help a lot.

You keep wanting to plunge feet first into topics where you haven't a clue. This Board is so full of knowledgeable individuals that a true seeker of knowledge would do no more than read post after post, thread after thread.

Fools want to make noise, be heard, and get noticed. The wise come, read, listen, and think.

Post, here and there, after reading, and ask questions. Read some more. Think about what you've read. Think what else you might learn if you talked to the people who post here. Rely on common sense, and, after a long period of reading what others have to say, venture your opinion about something.

You'll be amazed at how often your opinion will then receive answers, and spark some meaningful debate.

Or you could just bugger off and constantly post your take on Religion, Politics, and Everyone Who Isn't You on the General Forum. Not that you'll learn much that way, but at least you'll be in the company of a massive number of idjits.

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

Try the General forum maybe? Just don't use obsceneties, and you should fit right in. (Not trying to "slam" you here - trying to insult the General forum.) ;)

You swine! How is it that you're receiving my posts before they arrive on the CM site?!

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

Learn not to "blab" enthusiastically unless among friends, people of like mind, or, well, extremely friendly people.

Like those in the Peng Challenge thread. They always like to chat enthusiastically with newbies.