Bridge types in CMBB

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by StarFleet Captain:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

Exactly how many suspension bridges were there in the Soviet Union in 1941?

I dont know offhand, but I would suspect the number could be counted on one hand.

WWB

Well true, but weren't there at least a few in Stalingrad and perhaps some around Leningrad?</font>

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Screw the bridges. Give me roads in brush, roads with walls, streams, gullies and high walls first.

WWB

Yes, as much as I hate to admit it,that would be nice. But then again aren't all graphics in the CM engine abstracted?

Also, now that I've got the idea, what about trenches?

Yes railroad bridges would be great. On top of that, I think that a couple of different destroyed bridges would add a lot to the game's ambiance. That and being able to see one be blown while it was loaded with your opponent's troops/ tanks. Now that would be cool.

Originally posted by bulletproofest:

Battlefield 1942 is a good game. Big enviroments, ability to be different classes of infantry, or be vehicles in tthe air land or sea. Check it out at www.BF1942match.com.

Sorry "bulletproofest," but I don't think you are going to find any converts here for something that is not CMBO nor CMBB. On top of that, the realism for the upcoming title is in serious question. Much like a Steven Ambrose novel, umm, I mean historical fiction (no, that's not correct either...). The crowd that you are going to find here are grogs and wargamers. They are not interested in RTS, FPS, nor pseudo wargames like.... Well, you know- I won't give the other titles the "honor" of even being mentioned here.

Remember you are in the Combat Mission forum. If you want to discuss another product, may I suggest you go to the "General Forum." (Sorry if I took the wind out of your sails Madmatt...).

Originally posted by bulletproofest:

Well sorry, I already own CMBO, and have pre ordered CMBB, so I love this game too, but no one has been answering my topic for a while so I got bored and asked about a game I was looking forward to. It's not like CM is the only game I play. God, lighten up. :mad:

Wow, you're pretty lucky to have pre-ordered CMBB. All your great posts seems to have given you the red carpet before all the other 9000 customers before you.

Whats Mom made for dinner tonite?

Originally posted by wwb_99:

When fighting got to Stalingrad in 1942, the bridge had been destroyed, if there was one. I know there were pre-existing ferries, but am not sure if there was a road bridge. There might have been a rail bridge, although I am fuzzy on that as well.

WWB[/QB]

Will there be ferries ?