Yup, camera rotation is inferior.

I can go on-and-on about this issue of CMBO camera rotation versus CMBB camera rotation all year, mainly because I just don't see, even after 15+ games of CMBB, why the change was made in the first place (and in a half-arsed way no-less).

Why CMBB camera rotation is inferior:

1)Unlike CMBO, you can't reverse (or backup) the camera AND turn, you can only go back in a straight line. You can, however, rotate and go FORWARD. In CMBO you could go forward and back while rotating.

2)It's totally illogical for "circular rotation" [rotation around a point] to be on the top half of the screen, and side-to-side movement on the bottom. Even If it were visa-versa, then problem number 1 [above] would still not be solved since I would then be unable to rotate the camera while moving forward. Essentially the situation is switched, and nothing has been fixed (except, ofcourse, the camera rotation is logical)

Myth 3 started this absurd way of camera control and I never thought CMBB would adopt it. It's as illogical as placing the 'enter' door on the left side, and the 'exit' door on the right at a shopping center. My local Albertsons super market has this setup and to this day I always go to the wrong door.

I propose that the next patch should allow the option of having CMBO style camera control as an OPTION. I don't like the new camera control, it's simply inferior to the CMBO control.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

They are not going to change this! If you want diffrent camera control, go play Brittney's Dance Beat!

Good god. Talk about beating a dead horse. :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sorry, I could have sworn that after having payed 50+ dollars for this game that I'd be allowed to post my opinions about it. -Or does BTS hold a "pay up and shutup" policy that I'm not aware of?

All I want to do is improve the game for everyone, I don't see what's so wrong about that. I'm not the only one that likes the CMBO camera control more after all. And really, I'd like to hear BTS's stance on the issue, not yours.

They have stated their stance on this issue several times! I am not telling you what I think, I'm just restating what you refuse to read in dozens of other threads! You are in fact beating a dead horse. BTS has said over and over that they will not change this. Jeeze. :rolleyes:

Do a search fer god sakes!

[ October 06, 2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Wait, is that a leg moving on that horse?

YES IT IS!!! (runs and gets stick)

I don't think this is a good way of bringing this issue up again. Its really a matter of taste. Really.

> WACK < I don't like the new camera movement mechanism either.

> WACK < Don't know why it wasn't made optional instead of this "you will eat it or you will get nothing!"

> WACK < I hate having to note the mouse pointer position.

> WACK WACK WACK WACK < Not all of us like it. We who do not like it are not retarded, or physically inept. We love CMBB. Adore it! But having the camera jerk an unexpected way is WACKy.

Okay, looks like the leg twitch is gone.

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

Do you have some sort of obsession with the the 'roll eyes' smiley?

Okay, that's a mild flame, and I'm not going to bite your hook. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

One of two things will happen to this thread. BTS will state the same thing for the billionth time and lock it up, or it will drop off the front screens in no time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

Do you have some sort of obsession with the the 'roll eyes' smiley?

Yes, he wants to kiss and make love to it every night :rolleyes: </font>

I'm also seeing the embarrassed redface.gif smilie on the side. Don't tell roll eyes though. :rolleyes:

AO,

I'm not trying to attack you. It's just that if I see another CDV or camera rotation thread I'm going to rip out all of my hair!! ;) All I am saying is that doing a search would have yeilded the what you wanted to find out. ;)

Crap, that wink guy is trying to move in on me! ;)

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Camera rotation? I thought we were talking about camera HEIGHT! Whoops, put me down for a pair o' them red-faced little heads.

No, you stay away from my action! You can have confused, but roll-eyes and embarrassed are mine.

You think you could attract wink your way? He's been bothering me and I don't like him much. ;)

Damn it! There he is again!!

I'm sorry too AO, I did a search on some of your posts over the last thiry days (more than a few were on various aspects of the camera) and you are not the person I thought you were (first red-face) and I was joking about the height thing since it was a thread recently locked, sorry if my joke was too obscure (second red-face)

You know, I actually don't have any problems with the new commands, and I would hate it if BFC spent a bunch of time on this or that change, etc. But then, that's just me, they are the ones who have to somehow come to temrs with what the masses want (and who the masses are ) and if they have the time, resources to do it.

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

1)Unlike CMBO, you can't reverse (or backup) the camera AND turn, you can only go back in a straight line. You can, however, rotate and go FORWARD. In CMBO you could go forward and back while rotating.

Press the down arrow on the keyboard and rotate by moving the mouse to the upper right or left of the screen. That lets you reverse and turn at the same time.