JagTiger the mod.

I cannot believe that the only mod for this King of all tanks is not available except through Madmatt's MDMP-2 which would be fine except that you have to change all the other mods in that pack also which changes all the mods I've already gotten just the way I want them. I mean I know few people use it playing against others but I bet it's used a lot in games againt the AI. Just nobody wants to admit it on this board so I'll be the first. I use it a lot. This is an awesome beast and should certainly be given the respect and righful recognition it deserves not to mention how creative you could get with this monster. Anyway, I plead with you modders or beg if you prefer - somebody do one, please. I just don't think I can go on without this tank being modelled the way it should. What say you all?

Well I don't worry too much about being gamey against the AI. I mean hey I just enjoy seeing the magnificent beast. Just the appearence of it on the battle field almost makes goose bumps pop out on me. I mean can you imagine actually seeing one appear out of the fog one early morning just sitting there as your company advances toward the enemy position. Damn! Anyway, I do enjoy seeing them and I do use them, so sue me. :D If I could mod myself I would do this killer in a second but alas I cannot. If you think of where the other Jagtiger is please let me know as I really would like something better then the orginal. I would still like to see what an expect could do however.

I actually had a QB where the computer AI chose a JadgTiger. Unfortunately for him, it never got to fire off a single shot. Good flank shot and it was over for the mighty beast. Seeing it on the battlefield certainly made things more lively, that's for sure.

[ March 31, 2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

Can you do that? Well, I will certainly try that and thanks Tanks a Lot. Appreciate the info. I just couldn't stand seeing the orginal jagTiger alongside the other excellent mods. this should satisfy me until Gordon comes out with his new one. I bet it's going to be something. That man is good. Again, appreciate it Tanks a Lot.

I used a JagdTiger in 1 game against a human. It was a armor only game and I used it as a huge standoff\cover tank. It was flanked by 3 PZIV(70)s.

Then I had 2 KTs and 8 Panthers.

It was a draw because my opponent decided to bring Infantry into an Armor only game :mad:

But the big girl lived through it and had 4 tank kills. All over 1200 meters.

Gen

I will see a darker JPanther Mod!! And also a second good one for a "normal" Panther beside the fernando Panther.

IMHo...the KTiger from darius <- spell?? r the best mod from all vehikels..If someone made the same for a Panther or even a Tiger I....i will send him 5 Bucks imeditialy...for it.

I have made one, but its not quite finished yet, dunno if I ever will, but here's a bit of eye candy - my style is more artistic/painterly, going for a cohesive feel and look than most of the mods out there, which are more technical.

There are more pics here including the winter version

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj/CM/

CCJ_GermanAFV5.JPG

CCJ_Jagdtiger3.JPG

CCJ_JagdTiger2.JPG

CCJ_JagdTiger_Snow2.JPG

[ April 01, 2002, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: CoolColJ ]

• 4 weeks later...

CoolColJ,

Those mods look fantastic! The JT is full of beautiful details. I too use it once in a while, and I'd like to see something different on its hide. Not that the MDMP version is bad, its just that everything else has more than a few options available.

I don't think I've seen the Panther or KT mod in the backround either - they look like spot-on late war paint schemes. Any chance of getting hold of those as well?

Rgds

Hi CoolColJ et al

I don't think I've seen the Panther or KT mod in the backround either - they look like spot-on late war paint schemes. Any chance of getting hold of those as well?

Yes indeed all these Big Cats look stunning and I for one would love to have them grace my monitor.

Just checked CoolColJ's site and there is a ton of stuff he is working on !! all excellent.

Cheers

[ April 28, 2002, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Gary Barr ]

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

If you wan't the JagdTiger from MDMP-2, you can just copy BMPs ...

To most people that probably isn't the problem.

The problem is that you still have to download the entire multi-megabyte pack over your slow pay-per-minute modem to get those few textures.

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

The problem is that you still have to download the entire multi-megabyte pack over your slow pay-per-minute modem to get those few textures.

Cheers

Olle</font>

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

Cheers

Olle</font>