COMING SOON - Winter Jagdpanther MOD

Makjager-

I am a big fan of the Springender Tueffel ("Dancing Gnome") that was the famous symbol on the side of 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Tigers during Summer, 1943- Winter, 1944. I saw that you had an version that you were working upon, and I want to congratulate you on that work. By the way, you beat me to starting on the project....

I believe you have the correct size and shape. For the CMBB version, I would probably move it a little down and forward- closer to the gun's trunnion.

Also, when you do release it, make sure that it is for the early version of the PzKW VIE only. It was not used on the mid and late versions of the big cat by "Das Reich." (I image that you are probably experimenting and using the CMBO available Tiger for your model).

Great work!

Hi lads smile.gif

As for the Jagdpanther...i hope to have it finished for a deadline sometime today..then it is off to the MAN :D Hoping to have it in the next CMMOS update ;)

Zitadelle....regarding the Tiger and the Dancing Gnome....i was only experimenting with that insignia..and it wiill not be included in the CMBO release as i want to include it in the CMBB pack. Thanks for the advice in the placement. As a "Tiger Nut" i care about historical accuracy as well re Tiger variants and markings ;) . All i need now is to find some time to make my 1/16th scale Tamiya Tiger I ( static + Aber PE set )

Now for the bad news...the CMBB Tigers are different to the CMBO models.....it would require ALOT of scrunching and munching..and even then it would be difficult to get a proper cammo match..besides the fact that the CMBB Tigers have more bmps than the CMBO...and i have to do those too.

So the plan is..once i regain my "mod lust" i will adapt my plain yellow base and make new apporiate bmps for the various Tigers. Ihope to do all the Tiger units that seen service on the Eastern front...*gulp*

It will take some time..but not as long as what the CMBO Tigers did ( 9 months ).

Jagcommander.....i have another project i want to do before mb trying the Hummel/Nashorn ..sorry ..but then again i can never tell what i will end up doing smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement smile.gif

regards

Måkjager

[ September 17, 2002, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

Mission completed. The Dirty Winter Jagdpanther mod is finished...and i had time to work up a zimmerit version too .

Pixs of the zimmerit variant can be seen if you follow the link.

web page

Just click on the apporiate pix if you do not want to view the slide show.

Are these the type of mods people would be interested in regards to a Winter worn look?

Regards

Måkjager

[ September 17, 2002, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

Originally posted by Måkjager:

Hi lads smile.gif

As for the Jagdpanther...i hope to have it finished for a deadline sometime today..then it is off to the MAN :D Hoping to have it in the next CMMOS update ;)

regards

Måkjager

Who exactly is The MAN? When will he get it to us?