CMBB will be delayed

...due to the scrutiny of industrious, nitpicking, sleep-deprived grogs (and we know who you are!). The demo will be deconstructed to the nth degree uncovering- inevitably- certain problems/anomalies/inconsistencies/glithces, however teensy-weensy, forcing BFC into a frantic late-hour tweaking mode. And Battlefront is a conscientious, consumer oriented company. So you can expect the game in your mailboxes in late-October.

Sorry, guys.

Oops. Misfired attempt at humor. If truth be told, I'm impressed by the resident experts on thsi forum. They've made CM what it is. Never mind! (Wipes sweat from brow)

Its amazing how your first post can do so much damage to your reputation here . . . and even risk your life at this point!
Actually, this is about post #125. But the 1st in many months. But now I'm afraid to reveal my old user name.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

And image the backlash when its discovered that the CMBB demo scenarios are in fact the same ones as for CMBO but with Soviet vehicles and soldiers instead of GI's !!!

You think they bothered to redo the infantry? The CDV game box is proof they did not.

Originally posted by redwolf:

You think they bothered to redo the infantry? The CDV game box is proof they did not.

Yes you are right. Much easier to alter the briefing to mention a "scratch Soviet Regiment using Lend Lease equipment" and not change anything at all.

Originally posted by PeterX:

Actually, this is about post #125. But the 1st in many months. But now I'm afraid to reveal my old user name.

Sorry bout that, your profile shows that as your first post! A bit of advice, CMBB being delayed is not a laughing matter right now to all of us who have been waiting YEARS for this game to come out!!!

Chad

Petes-

You's best be tip-toeing 'round these parts with that "D" word. These sum pretty sensitive folks. Trigger happy, at best!

Heck, my neck's still all kinds of chaffed from that last thread...

For the record, there's three (maybe four) of us in the "D" camp, 9000+ in the other...food for thought....

:D:D:D

Originally posted by Fieldmarshall:

TO: All European BFC Customers

-------------------

Because of your mockery of our CDV Combat Mission Box, we have regrettably decided not to print and distribute CM:BB. Instead, you will all be getting Sudden Strike. Thank You.

Aiii!!! Cruel, so cruel.....

Originally posted by PeterX:

...due to the scrutiny of industrious, nitpicking, sleep-deprived grogs (and we know who you are!). The demo will be deconstructed to the nth degree uncovering- inevitably- certain problems/anomalies/inconsistencies/glithces, however teensy-weensy, forcing BFC into a frantic late-hour tweaking mode. And Battlefront is a conscientious, consumer oriented company. So you can expect the game in your mailboxes in late-October.

Sorry, guys.

I hereby would like to nominate this individual for "Honest Person of the Decade Award". :D