Were is Barbarossa?

Lane

Originally posted by Stoffel:

besides Gay-lord I really dont like that sig of yours,it has a tendency to embarrass people from a certain country :rolleyes:

Me for instance

I rather would like to see you remove that sig.

Very friendly asked for now.

The sig really upsets you? Seems more a satyrical remark on the stupidity of such statement than a real grip with the Dutchs, IMHO. You can replace Dutch with any country and it keeps being satyrical. (Unless you replace it with USA. In such case you automatically becomed an Euro-pinko USA-hater).

'Berlin' in Barbarossa to Berlin refers to Irving Berlin, composer of Rhapsody in Blue. I suppose they used his name because that was the original selection for the game's opening tune?

:D

Russian city names weren't the only ones to change. The free city of Danzig (where WWII started?) is now the Polish port of Gdansk... I think.

besides Gay-lord I really dont like that sig of yours,it has a tendency to embarrass people from a certain country
Actually the statement is a double oxymoron, which is what makes it funny. The Dutch have one of the most open and permissive cultures in the world and are very tolerant (as a culture in general) of different cultures and lifestyle practices.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Stoffel, my sig is'nt anti-dutch , as the above posters were so kind to point out it's supposed to be humorous.

Hopefuly your not offended by it anymore.

Perhaps he's French?

"I'd make a counter point but you'd probably just give up."