Infantry squad embarking on 251/1 halftrack bug

I purchased some armored panzergrenadiers and after having them embark on their 251/1 halftracks discovered they are kind of half inside the halftrack. When you go down to view 1 you can see part of the squad is visible on the sides of the halftrack and their legs stick out the back like the halftrack has dual exhaust.

I don’t know if anyone has witnessed this bug but figured I’d bring it up.

This is unavoidable and was present in CMBO as well. If you use Realistic Scale I don't think you will see the problem, but anything above +1 it will probably be noticable. The simple reason is that the vehicles aren't scaled up as much as infantry because vehicles are inherently easier to see and inherently "sillier" looking when made too big. This means that the larger the soliders are scaled, the more chance they will have of spilling through the HT's sides.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

This is unavoidable and was present in CMBO as well. If you use Realistic Scale I don't think you will see the problem, but anything above +1 it will probably be noticable. The simple reason is that the vehicles aren't scaled up as much as infantry because vehicles are inherently easier to see and inherently "sillier" looking when made too big. This means that the larger the soliders are scaled, the more chance they will have of spilling through the HT's sides.

Steve

I've always used realistic scale and don't have a problem with it because you can still embark infantry and move them to positions. I just thought it looked weird and I didn't notice it in CMBO.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just did a test in a QB I'm currently playing and if you embark a infantry squad and a team then the sqaud gets moved over and one of the squads individuals is riding on the exterior of the 251/1 halftrack and it goes back to normal when you have the team disembark.

This is with a full strength squad and tank hunter team.

Thanks

One of the other changes to CMBB that may be affecting what you're seeing is the fact that not all squad representations have the men in exactly the same position. There's variability to the positioning of the 3-man representations and some of these may cause the graphic passenger aberration that you're seeing.