Does anyone know if Deanco is still about?

Hi Apache,

Yeah, I'm still kicking. I'm unqualified to post here, since I know nothing about tanks, historical realism, etc, so I hang out in the General Forum.

I got an idea for an interface mod, but I figure I will wait until everyone is completely sick of looking at the original one first. That shouldn't be too much longer, at the rate games are played around here. smile.gif

Plus now I'm actually having fun playing the game, I was really burnt out after doing the interface but I have a couple PBEM's going and lost a minor defeat to the AI last night. The AI had this one tank on my right flank and maaaan, did this guy tear me a new one. I just could not take him out. Finally I suckered him into an ambush (using the cover arc command, works great) and some soldiers blew him up with some kind of anti tank grenade. (I wish a tooltip came up saying the name of the grenade or whatever when you put the pointer over it.) I made a point of finishing off the crew, out of spite. Boy did that guy hurt me bad.

Thanks you guys. To give credit where credit is due, Steve and to a lesser extent Charles kinda acted as producers. And like good producers (I have some experience with this in music), they didn't tell me what to do, they just steered me away from what not to do.

And the beta team had good feedback as well. So it was really a team effort.

Anyway, glad y'all like it.

Originally posted by deanco:

Hi Apache,

Yeah, I'm still kicking. I'm unqualified to post here, since I know nothing about tanks, historical realism, etc, so I hang out in the General Forum.

Deanco, you know very well that there are no knowledge qualifications to post here. If there were, only about a dozen people would be talking to each other! I think it's safe to say 95% of the posts are amateur if not downright silly. :rolleyes: So join the crowd and happily post some nonsense!

Ren

Originally posted by Renaud:

....there are no knowledge qualifications to post here. If there were, only about a dozen people would be talking to each other!...I think it's safe to say 95% of the posts are amateur if not downright silly. :rolleyes:

Ren

Perhaps your own grasp of "knowledge" issues does not permit you to accurately pass judgement on your fellow posters? Off the top of my head I have read detailed, accurate and interesting posts offering historical commentary from at the least several dozen posters here, though if I stopped to count they would no doubt number in the hundreds.

[ October 27, 2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Apparently I have touched a nerve!

I defer to Dorosh's professional status and remand myself to the ranks of the amatuers.

I also point out that amatuers are quite capable of posting interesting topics. My point was that lack of specific professional knowledge shouldn't stop you 'shooting-the-bull' here.

Ren

Originally posted by Renaud:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deanco:

Hi Apache,

Deanco, you know very well that there are no knowledge qualifications to post here. If there were, only about a dozen people would be talking to each other! I think it's safe to say 95% of the posts are amateur if not downright silly. :rolleyes: So join the crowd and happily post some nonsense!

Ren</font>

Deanco's clipboard menu actually made it into one of the middle Betas and I was mighty fond of it. The present menu is much more useful/functional but I did get a kick out of that clipboard.

BTW, I DO like the way things blink and flash as you click on 'em!