I Challenge Peng to Eat a Bug

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Marlow:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Can anybody clue me in to who this Gunny Bunny guy is? I am seeing that he has some kind of dark history on this forum.

....Bump>>>></font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Can anybody clue me in to who this Gunny Bunny guy is? I am seeing that he has some kind of dark history on this forum.

....Bump>>>></font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

....Bump>>>></font>

Cesspool Tournament Of Winos Update

The following personnel have acknowledged their draft notices:

Speedy, Yeknod, Mr Peng, Lars, Leeo, Noba, and Boo Radley.

See the last post on Page 2 if you wish to answer your call to active MBT duty.

One Pooligan has volunteered to make custom maps for this tournament. The maps will be...um...Cesspoolesque in nature. He/She shall remain nameless so the tourney participants can attempt to identify the mapmaker. Correct ID of the individual who created the map you fought on MIGHT get you more votes in the end. It's just another thing for the Voters to consider.

Don't you DARE burn that draft card!! Report for duty today! The Mutha Beautiful Thread already hates you. Don't make us kill you.

Treeburst155, Squire to Senior Knight More-Arty, Defender of Lost Causes

[ December 04, 2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Ok, now hold on a minute. I think I, and a few others, need to inject some serious-ness into this what is quickly turning into a debacle.

I think the map-maker is Aussie Jeff and I for one, REFUSE to play on any map by that gamey fool. I know it is all "cool" and "stylish" to pretend you want gamey-assed units and straight-from-Hell maps, but honestly, I think most of us would agree (Ker Desselian's the notable exception) that FUN and BALANCE, just like regular players, are also what we prefer.

I want the wine, for sure, but I don't want to have to slog through 30 games of Crodaburg or ArtyXCess to get it. Food for thought.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Ok, now hold on a minute. I think I, and a few others, need to inject some serious-ness into this what is quickly turning into a debacle.

I think the map-maker is Aussie Jeff and I for one, REFUSE to play on any map by that gamey fool. I know it is all "cool" and "stylish" to pretend you want gamey-assed units and straight-from-Hell maps, but honestly, I think most of us would agree (Ker Desselian's the notable exception) that FUN and BALANCE, just like regular players, are also what we prefer.

I want the wine, for sure, but I don't want to have to slog through 30 games of Crodaburg or ArtyXCess to get it. Food for thought.

Panzer Leader,

You're absolutely bonkers!! You actually want a SERIOUS competition here? Read my post at the bottom of page two, if you're able. The games are simply material for the real contest, the AARs. BTW, excessive arty would be boring IMO. Perhaps other voters would feel the same way. Do you see what I'm getting at here?

If you want to play in a SERIOUS tournament there's a Beets & Turnips thing going on the outer boards. You MIGHT get in if you sign up now.

Squire Treeburst155 out.

Oh, those Rules I missed:

How It Works

The draftees will each play one game. The game will be a smallish QB of exactly 500-1000 points. You (the draftee) will make ridiculous purchases. Your OOB should reflect perfectly the alcoholic stupor in which you live your life.

When the battle is over, you will sober up just enough to tell us all about it here on the MBT. We need to know everything... battle parameters, units purchased, gamey tactics, why you hate your opponent, how he cheats, how you cheat, why your cheating is justified, etc.. IOW, we need a colorful and complete AAR from you.

Once all the games are finished, and the AARs posted, there will be a vote of the entire Cesspool to decide the winner of the tourney. The Voters will make their decisions based on every aspect of your AAR. If your AAR is entertaining, and you've bribed and/or threatened enough Voters, you just may win the wine so generously provided by WineCape.

Finally, you must send an email to the address in my profile acknowledging your status as a recruit (You've been drafted, remember?) in the Cesspool Tournament of Winos. If you don't, you will be hunted down, locked up, and poked with a very long, sharp stick until those who have fulfilled their obligation are released from military service.

Intelligence test: make the subject of the email, "Cesspool, your forum name".

NOTE: This description of the tourney could change at any time. It probably won't, but it could if the senior Pooligans poke me with a sharp enough stick.

Pardon me, you all can all go back to your sardines and marmalade now. I approve whole-heartedly and pronounce myself in. Sorry, I thought this was the GunnyBunny tournament for a minute, I'm all better, reall, when do we get to start?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Oh, those Rules I missed:

Pardon me, you all can all go back to your sardines and marmalade now. I approve whole-heartedly and pronounce myself in. Sorry, I thought this was the GunnyBunny tournament for a minute, I'm all better, reall, when do we get to start?</font>

[QB] but honestly, I think most of us would agree (Ker Desselian's the notable exception) that FUN and BALANCE, just like regular players, are also what we prefer.

I'll send you a CMBB version of Event Horizon-- I'm sure you'll love it...

... but I don't want to have to slog through 30 games of Crodaburg or ArtyXCess to get it. Food for thought.

Ah Crodaburg! Sweet. sweet Crodaburg. I recall when I was required by my leige, the wise and powerful Croda to play the braying and gassy R_Leete in the Crodaburg scenario. It took four months to slog our way through it, with file sizes approaching 2mgs.

I think that's what these damn, lippy SSN's need in their lives. A taste of Crodaburg.

Panzer Leader, quit your whining for the wine!

Sheesh!

I think there needs to be a prize for the whiniest player in the tournament....a pacifier maybe?

Persephone

Slings and arrows hurled by Leeo:

I hate Moriarty because he apparently sends turns according to the geological clock.

Your attempt to induce me to any feelings of guilt have failed, Sir Leeo. And it is purely out of the generosity of my soul that I deign to respond to this scandalous slur, you scurrilous cur.

Had you checked your inbox on or about 21 Nov 2002, you would have found File No. 32, which is the last I have on record and which I have just re-sent.

Your surrender would be welcome.

Let me know if you need me to re-do the turn in v1.01.

[ December 04, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Moriarty ]