DD mod CMBB come get some...!

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Does one need to re-load JuJu's explosion mods after inserting this mod pak?

yes you do. if you loaded this mod you need to reload JuJu's explosion.</font>

What .bmp number is the Steppe Terrain. I agree that the rest of the mod is great looking and an improvement, but the Steppe's pinkish hue with blue spots (although you only see those if you're looking or at real close angle) is kind of annoying.

I'd like to replace that texture with the original, until DD redoes that texture, which I'm sure he'll do.

Otherwise, great job DD.

Which brings up a good point. Someone else said the DD mod overwrites JuJu's Hollywood Splosions, eeeeek!

So, I had this marvelous idea. Wouldn't it be great if DD, in his free time ofcourse, between chasing blue dots and darkening this and that doodad, would do up a bmp index for the mod. That way, we'd know what zactly he was tinkering with. Make backups easier also. I just knew DD would love having something else to do here during the Holidays. Nothing worse than being bored. :D

sorry for the replacing of the explosions...forgot i left them in there..and now to the issue of the pink steppe with blue dots...this has bothered me ever since i discovered it ..this little issue with the cmbb engine just about makes terrain modding impossible because the terrain graphics have to match and when you are changing a shared bmp it most likely wont look right where ever else it is used especialy with this steppe tile...any way i did not intend for the steepe to look the way that it does in my mod but i had no choice.long story short if you mod the winter grass tile you are also changing the brown steppe tile..you will pull your hair out trying to make both look correct so i went with making it look good in one instance. i hope every one can realize that i didn't want it to screw up your graphics but if you wanted a terrain mod then i had to choose between good looking winter grass and accept the blue dots or good looking brown steppe and crappy looking winter grass....sorry for the inconvienence

here is a quick list of bmps you can use to restore your original bmp's

1570-1589 wintergras/brown steppe (shared)

1700-1717 fire

1720-1725 explosions

Originally posted by MajorVictory:

Hmmm...so far i have failed three times to download a useable copy of DDCMBBA.ZIP. Each attempt has taken at least 2 hours -- when it finishes i am always left with an unusable file. Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

I immediately downloaded the files last night when I saw DD's post. I'm using 56k, so it took a few hours, but I had no problems downloading it.