Marder III, Wespe, and PaK 40 mod set RELEASED!!! Big pix inside

Finally--the Marder III/Wespe set is done. The final version contains dunkelgelb and winter whitewashed textures for the Marder III and Wespe, as well as the PaK 40 antitank gun. All three units share textures, so you will need to use all three of these mods to avoid having some pretty strange looking vehicles. Here are some pretty pictures:

Dunkelgelb versions:

wespe_1.jpg

marder_1.jpg

pak40_2.jpg

Winter variations:

winter_marder.jpg

battery.jpg

winter_pak.jpg

On their way to Tom in a few minutes. Camo versions will be forthcoming as Gordon Molek has graciously agreed to help out in this department. smile.gif

Thanks! I like the Marder III too, and will be using a lot more now that I've modded it :D

It's a great vehicle, and it's armor is impervious to most allied weapons, except for heavy-duty projectiles like the M1943 High-velocity Spitwad and the fearsome M1944 Rubber Band.

tongue.gif

That Dunkelgelb is Grrrrr-ate! Dig the weathering and stains. Totally martial, dude!

Lip Smackin' good, even.

It's quite satisfying to blow up Marders and Wespes... especially when my opponent takes 4 of them in a 1000 point QB!

Has that particular chickenwire helmet texture been released yet?

Andrew,

FYI, Both your standard Wespe and snow version of it have purple spots in the gun muzzel, and the road wheels. I crushed them in the download I took, but you may want to fix'em and release a 2.0 version. I can send you the ones I fixed if you don't have the time. (I know you mod your @$$ off for us) ;)

Second, could you mod a standard/winter gun shield for the Pak38? It uses all the same files as the Pak40 asside from the shield.

Thanks your most excellent moddissness. :D

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Andrew,

FYI, Both your standard Wespe and snow version of it have purple spots in the gun muzzel, and the road wheels. I crushed them in the download I took, but you may want to fix'em and release a 2.0 version. I can send you the ones I fixed if you don't have the time. (I know you mod your @$$ off for us) ;)

Second, could you mod a standard/winter gun shield for the Pak38? It uses all the same files as the Pak40 asside from the shield.

Thanks your most excellent moddissness. :D

Oh man, how could I have missed those? :mad:

I spent a lot of time cleaning up the road wheels, but never noticed that gun barrel thing. If you could e-mail me the fixed files that would be cool. I'll whip up a PaK 38 gun shield tonight, if I have time. I didn't realize it shared the PaK 40 textures, too. Shoulda guessed...

Thanks for the input!!!

smile.gif

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I just d/l'd it from CMHQ and tested it--aargh!

There is one pink spot on the Marder idler wheel, and two pink pixels on the Wespe track. Can't find the spot on the gun barrel, though.

:confused:

It's inside the muzzle-break on the Wespe. Two purple spots in a diagonal relation to each other.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I just d/l'd it from CMHQ and tested it--aargh!

You mean you released unfinished MODs?!

Sheesh!

:D

Well, it shows that it doesn't pay to send goons to get MODs before they had been reviewed a la Bergman...

Outstanding MODs nonetheless Andrew.

Thanks, I suppose I'll eventually get over the shame. ;)

I've sent the corrected versions to Manx and Tom.

PawBroon: I've seen the example of Bergman's nitpicking on your website. If I send something to him to beta test I'm afraid I'll never get done with it! ;)

Also, a Marder II is in the works, as it is very similar to the Wespe (both based on Panzer II) and so should be easy to throw together, now that all the hard work is done. smile.gif

[ March 06, 2002, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

AndrewTF,

Nice work! Now all I need to do is manifest a powerful Mac so I can use your mods. While you're squashing pink and purple pixels, though, you might want to take a look at the Dunkelgelb Marder's track between the drive sprocket and the first road wheel. From what I can see, the track is almost nonexistent edge on and has no teeth either. Looks a bit odd when compared to the other parts of the tracks.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

AndrewTF,

Nice work! Now all I need to do is manifest a powerful Mac so I can use your mods. While you're squashing pink and purple pixels, though, you might want to take a look at the Dunkelgelb Marder's track between the drive sprocket and the first road wheel. From what I can see, the track is almost nonexistent edge on and has no teeth either. Looks a bit odd when compared to the other parts of the tracks.

Regards,

John Kettler

I new dual processor G4 should do the trick! :D

The missing track thingies issue is, I think, a problem with the 3D model. There are definitely tracks in that section of the BMP: 4320.jpg