Does your Peng Challenge Thread Tire Too Easily?

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Delaney:

Hi, I'm Delaney. I'm Panzer Leader's wife. I hope I am not intruding. I was over in the Al Gore thread and Jase thought I should say hi and mention his good looks but after the sumo wrestler picture of him I think that ship has sailed. Anyway hi.

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than Panzer Leader.</font>

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

What's a snarker? I've never even heard of one before. Oh, hey, are snarkers those things that real hunters talk some city-dweller into going out into the woods to catch, then they leave him out there with some silly bag or something and have a good laugh about it ridin' down the dirt road in their Ford?

You're thinking of the infamous Jackalope, which does exist if you find a good taxidermist.

You Aussies can substitute Sheepalope for a rousing good fantasy.

"Snarker" is from Half-Life. Since I'm not generally a twitch gamer, I took to finding a high point and dropping vicious, flesh eating creatures called "Snarks" into the mayhem below. The young nitwits that wanted to play that game learned not to mess with wargamers that day.

Enough idle prattle! Are you sending a gamey setup Pantry Larder or are you going to play forty questions until the shovel comes back around?

Hmm, which shovel are we talking about? Is it the one that I will use to bury your bullet-ridden corpse with? Or are we talking about the steam shovel it will require to push those rusted useless hulks you once called "tanks" out of the way of my ride to victory?

Anyway, you got one thing right which my sweet life Delaney would attest to, and that is that I indeed Lard the Pantry well. Errr, Pant the Larder?

As for battle, oh, I don't know, I've got so many, it's late, I've got a bit of a headache, we'll see. You still didn't answer who the hell you are except for a (heh) Half-Life player-killer.

Originally posted by Delaney:

Hi, I'm Delaney. I'm Panzer Leader's wife. I hope I am not intruding. I was over in the Al Gore thread and Jase thought I should say hi and mention his good looks but after the sumo wrestler picture of him I think that ship has sailed. Anyway hi.

Welcome Delaney! Don't worry about these guys getting out of hand....if they do.....don't worry...the defender of the ladies....Seanachai a.k.a. ÃœberGnome a.k.a. Seanacoochiecoo will save the day!

Persephone

Hmm, which shovel are we talking about? Is it the one that I will use to bury your bullet-ridden corpse with? Or are we talking about the steam shovel it will require to push those rusted useless hulks you once called "tanks" out of the way of my ride to victory?

No, that would be the shovel Gaylord Focker brought around on page nine when the ****e was getting deep... or the one you may use to prepare a proper resting place for your bloated corpse. I don't pause to bury the dead.

Anyway, you got one thing right which my sweet life Delaney would attest to, and that is that I indeed Lard the Pantry well. Errr, Pant the Larder?

As for battle, oh, I don't know, I've got so many, it's late, I've got a bit of a headache, we'll see. You still didn't answer who the hell you are except for a (heh) Half-Life player-killer.

I'm a wargamer. If it was printed, I probably owned it. If it's for the computer I may own it twice, because my wife hid it once. They never learn.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm also the guy that pounded PL's troops into pixel dust after he finally sent a feckin' setup!

***Sigh*** Thirty-nine questions to go.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

Welcome Delaney! Don't worry about these guys getting out of hand....if they do.....don't worry...the defender of the ladies....Seanachai a.k.a. ÃœberGnome a.k.a. Seanacoochiecoo will save the day!

Just don't go trying to sign up any poolboys.</font>

Thank-you for that gracious welcome, Persephone. It appears it is P.L. who needs the help of Seanachi.

Welcome aboard, Delaney lass. Unfortunately, when Seanachai "helps" you, you don't really want to know about it. It's one of those cruel "in-jokes" that no-one ever gets. Not even Seanachai.

In the meantime, I vote you to Lady-In-Waiting status. It is normal protocol for the kinder, more considerate members of the population to be granted boon. What say you, fellow kannigets and Mr Justiciar?

Let's raise our glasses *hic* to the arrival of another "Friend of the Pool" - to Delaney! *chug, chug... BUU-RR-RRP!*

Ahhh! Pass the jug, Macey!

Sir AJ

[ November 15, 2002, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Hi, I'm Delaney. I'm Panzer Leader's wife......
Welcome Delaney, are you sure you want to associate with the low lifes in here?... oh yes you did say you were PL's missus, you're used to that.

Seriously, welcome.

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Alrighty then! Now that that's over with, let's get back down to business.

Snarker, you're on. I will have that set-up to you within a period no less than five minutes and to be no greater than 99 years, depending on, well, nothing much really.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
And THIS won't be over 'till WE say it's over ... bubba!

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

While in the chat system, a brillant insight came to me. Patch, we need your magic for the following:

Star Wars III: The Cess Pool

Lorak the Loathed: Jar Jar Binks, was there ever a character more lothed?

Joebob Shaw: Jopey eats Cannoli, err.... Obi wan Kenobi. Old guy, always lecturing, useless in a fight.

seanachi would be one of the jawas

Lars would have to be chewbacca

I would have to be evil...so Darth Rune

Berli as the evil emporer

Mace as Princess Leia

Jabba the Harv

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

While in the chat system, a brillant insight came to me. Patch, we need your magic for the following:

Star Wars III: The Cess Pool

Lorak the Loathed: Jar Jar Binks, was there ever a character more lothed?

Joebob Shaw: Jopey eats Cannoli, err.... Obi wan Kenobi. Old guy, always lecturing, useless in a fight.

seanachi would be one of the jawas

Lars would have to be chewbacca

I would have to be evil...so Darth Rune

Berli as the evil emporer

Mace as Princess Leia

Jabba the Harv

Rune

Of course, the brave and dashing Aussiejeff would play the part of Duke Cloud Hopper, Annihilator of Eevil...

Hi, I'm Delaney. I'm Panzer Leader's wife.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Maybe we should start a collection or somefink. This poor woman needs our help. I'm sure MrSpkr will take her case (for his usual fee, of course).

I may have finally found a project truly WORTHY of pro bono work. Really -- I'd feel like I was doing a community service or something.

Steve

I am away for so long, and I see I have missed...nothing new from you kanidjits. Same old, same old, though a far sight better than that god-awful wicket conversations about crickets, or was it the other way round? Bunch of colonial nonsense.

I am pleased to add my voice in welcome of Panzer Leader's far, far better half. Don't know why you'd consent to associate with either him or us, but welcome to the show!

Now, updates:

Why not begin with Panzer Leader who, to his undeserved credit, managed to snatch a minor defeat from what looked to be an utter, complete defeat. Indeed, he had accumulated a stunning zero victory points up until the last three turns, when an uncoordinated, spastic suicide charge seized one flag before its drive was spent. Pathetic.

Berli has tasted again defeat at my hands, to the order of 96% to 4%. The cream of the Totenkopf fell in a driving rain of cold steel and rumbling tanks. I look forward to our next meeting.

The horrific, gamey beast of a contest Kolzow has gone to the gamiest player--Boo. I do not grudge him his just deserts.

Seanachai's suffering has just begun under heavy shelling. I advance unopposed towards his feeble defenses...

I am avoiding sending turns to Nidan, as I am not liking charging his gamey pillboxes, HMGs, and infantry guns with my unsupported ground pounders. He claims someone else made the scenario, some Dorosh fellow. Likely story.

Abbott appears to be winning. I hate him irrationally and plot evil revenge every night as I drift off to sleep.

Oh, and some Swede who wandered in a few days ago is about to walk into a horrible trap. Or maybe he already did. Stopped sending turns. Typical.