Opening music Mod - USSR Anthem

I modded the wav file of CMBB opening music to replace it with the Red Army Choir singing the USSR anthem. :D

Nothing wrong with the original one, but this one starts with a blast instead of a crescendo, and is a must have for every red army player. ;)

Any mod website willing to host the file? Send me an e-mail and I'll ship it right away.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Now I use the 1944 Red Army Choir version for the opening music and Panzer Lied as the replacement for the taps song for the end game results.

Good combo..

I like the Soviet anthem a lot.. it's as a national anthem should be, simple and memorable, strong and inspiring. Probably just because I come from a country which has just about the worst national anthem in the world (should have been changed to "Land of Hope and Glory" years ago..)

If anyone is interested, I have a good mono Red Army Choir rendition of Sacred War on MP3 format (very powerful by being slightly overdriven, and has an 'aged' sound to it). I switched it to WAV format for the demo, which worked fine, but in the full CMBB version it sounds like Chip and Dale (accelerated). If anyone can produce a good WAV file for this great song, I'll email it to you, then host it myself when done.

Rename your selected wav file to the corresponding wav file number in the CMBB wav directory. CMBB wav's seem to be 16bit stereo, PCM formats, but I haven't checked all of them and don't know if it will play other formats. Get ya a copy of the CM Sound Map so you can tell which sound files in CMBB are which. Go here:

The Proving Grounds

Anyway, find ya an MP3 you like, decompress it to a wav file (get a shareware MP3 to Wav converter), and then rename the file, drop it in CMBB's wav directory and POOF! New music/sounds/whatever.

[ October 15, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

"Red October Theme" from the "Red October" movie is the best. My downloaded copy was not good enough for CMBB, so I actually purchased the CD to get it right. Heavenly!! You feel like you must fight and die in Mother Russia every time you start the game.

Bruno,

The website you pointed out is terrific. Yet, the problem is that the scores are too long for an intro music. I edited the songs to be maximum one minute long, ending when they start repeating the main theme. I used a 16,000 htz. I recorded the first 1 minute of the soviet anthem at CD quality and it was 11 megs! :rolleyes: Now it is 4.2 megs.

Besides, the quality of the 1940s recording is not so good. It gives you the sense of hystorical immersion, but if you want to use those four speakers and subwofer, you gotta go for a cleaner recording.

In any event, I ripped a CD I bought long time ago in Geneva. It is "Les coeurs de l'armee rouge" of Boris Alexandrov, Vol. 2 (Chants de la revolution et de la guerre).

I made also replacements for Konarmeiskaya, The Artillery Song and the Patriotic Song.

desertrat1943,

Why the one minute limit? I found that the full song is fine. If you want to cut the song short, just hit the space key and it terminates the rest of the music. If not, just sit back and listen to the entire thing.

Great German music link above. Besides the Russian anthem, is there a similar site with Russian patriotic songs?

[ October 16, 2002, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: kump ]