easy split inf. question

I have just done 2 of those three. Squads were split during setup. On first turn, changed mind(no, I am not Blonde)Moved one half to the other and ordered it to hide.Non-moving was already hiding. Movement dot was placed on top of non-mover. At beginning next turn, they were one again and hiding. No foxhole was involved, though. That was the reason they had been split in the first place, to generate extra foxhole for 2nd line of defense in Operation. Damn thing was, it didn't give me any. Guess I lost too much ground in the first battle and didn't have time to dig when we "advanced to the rear" :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tabpub:

... No foxhole was involved, though. That was the reason they had been split in the first place, to generate extra foxhole for 2nd line of defense in Operation. Damn thing was, it didn't give me any. Guess I lost too much ground in the first battle and didn't have time to dig when we "advanced to the rear" :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tabpub - I believe you have to be the defined defender to get foxholes, if you are the attacker or ME type battle no foxholes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wreck:

tacpub: in operations you get foxholes in the setup and morning turns. Other daytime turns, no foxholes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not entirely sure (can't check, I'm at work), but I was under the impression that you also get foxholes when you get reinforcements.

Can anyone verify this?