New sounds for the mighty .50 cal

Hiya all!

I have a little set of new sounds for the mighty .50 cal. I wasn't happy with the ones that came with the original game and I started to work on my own set.

As there are undoubtfully more experienced people participating in this forum in matters of WWII weaponry and modding, I would like some more info on this monterous weapon from these magnificent individuals. :D

Were there any difference in sounds between .50 cals used in tanks and .50 cals used by infantry? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

BaD JoKe

Wasn't the MG 42 in CC 2 awesome aswell ?

TRRRRRT-TRRRRRRT !! That sound really made you run for cover !!! In that game MG's had a much more pronounced role than in CMBO, but, as we all know it'll be fixed in BB ! :D

REALLY looking forward uopon hearing the improved sound effects in action, especially the Soviet DshK 12,7 mm MG...Oh, and the US-made HT with the four .50 MGs, wonder what that baby sounds like ( not mentioning the effect in the adversary !!! ) ? :cool:

Originally posted by BaD JoKe:

Hiya all!

Were there any difference in sounds between .50 cals used in tanks and .50 cals used by infantry? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

BaD JoKe

I can't think of a vehicle that mounted the .50 cal internally, so as such it would sound the same - except for the cursing. I've never fired a .50 cal that wasn't mounted on a large tracked vehicle but I have done everything but fire the .50 cal from the tripod. The tripod is designed with shoes that are supposed to dig into the dirt. Now you can dislodge the tripod from the dirt just trying to cock the damm thing, so I imagine it would come out of the dirt fairly easily while firing it, and when it does, well you could just imagine the cursing. Hmmm. Maybe that's why they only let us fire the thing mounted on a vehicle.

50 cal. is a 50.cal, doesnt matter where its firing from. And I still havent heard a wave. that sounded like the real deal. I'd record my Berret going off, but I don't have the equipment or know how, and it would have to be worked into an automatic stacato (mine is a single shot bolt action). The 50 MGs I shot in the navy (deck mounted) had about a 4 round per second rate of fire.

Actually I have 2 alternatives for .50 cal, one witch actually resembles tank MGs in Band of Brothers Carentan episode (Whee! Look at those beautifull babies pouring it away!).

But because I'm just a lazy bum, I have no idea where to stuff these. Any ideas? Anyone? :confused:

Originally posted by Dan5681:

Badjoke, Make sure you tell everyone about it when you get it put somewhere for download wouldnt want them to miss it.

Dan

Definitely keep folks informed as to where this ends up or if it gets posted somewhere. I'm always on the lookout for better sounds. Especially MG sounds.

Or, you can just send it directly to my email address if you can't find a permanent home for it :D

I'd appreciate it.

GOD! :eek:

I tried to make a better .50 cal sound and now I'm overwhelmed by this sudden popularity :D

When it finds a good home, I'll make sure that the info comes to all You good folks out there. And thats going to be soon

I just wanted to contribute something to this CM society I have grown so fond off. sniff...

Hi! thanks for everyone who have posted in this thread and excpecially those who have sent email. Unfortunately I have no time to personally answer all mails but I'll keep posting at this thread.

The .50 cal mod will propably end up in WarfareHQ (atleast there). It will be available for download real soon. Just hold on to Your helmets! :D

Great! I look fwd to it. Please e-mail it to me (e-mail in profile)...I don't mind waiting if yer too bogged down by all these requests. Thanks!

Come to think of it, I really should mod my Tank MG sounds, they are pretty weak.

[ August 20, 2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]