Stuff Going On We Don't Know About

Well, we have no clue as of yet how to do airstrike stuff, nor about using the editor. And we have to find out how to use the supersecret ultramega cheatcode so that all the infantry have Big Heads, the tanks are replaced with bumper cars, and instead of bullets all the guns shoot Silly String.

DjB

Guest Germanboy

I believe there will be a large section dealing with the famous die-hard fascist Italian unit Forza Aioli, who were used in the counterattack against Carentan, riding their SP Cuccina Arrabiata wielding red wine bottles as if they were on a joy-ride through Tuscany. And the Schwere VolksfestspĆ¼le! Finally all the secret weapons of the Reich revealed to us in all their glory...

------------------

Andreas

Guest Big Time Software

Rick,

Besides stuff that you guys haven't seen yet, there are many subtle things that you guys may or may not have picked up on yet even if they were in the Demo. BBS junkies will know a lot of these, but we generally have only answered questsions and therefore we haven't explained anything that someone hasn't asked us about (in general). Since there is so much going on in CM, and not everybody has read everything on this BBS, there will be many things that make people go "ah! I didn't know that" smile.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Rick,

Besides stuff that you guys haven't seen yet, there are many subtle things that you guys may or may not have picked up on yet even if they were in the Demo. BBS junkies will know a lot of these, but we generally have only answered questsions and therefore we haven't explained anything that someone hasn't asked us about (in general). Since there is so much going on in CM, and not everybody has read everything on this BBS, there will be many things that make people go "ah! I didn't know that" smile.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, that was a strange one. Saw it happening, but no matter how fast you hit the STOP button... it isn't fast enough smile.gif

Rick, I am sure that you will find some stuff in the manual that will improve your skills. The more "subtle" stuff sometimes gives someone enough of an edge that they can do a bit better against a good player who is missing the little stuff.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Yeah, that was a strange one. Saw it happening, but no matter how fast you hit the STOP button... it isn't fast enough smile.gif

Rick, I am sure that you will find some stuff in the manual that will improve your skills. The more "subtle" stuff sometimes gives someone enough of an edge that they can do a bit better against a good player who is missing the little stuff.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even in the demo without the manual, those of you/us (whatever) that have mastered tricks like getting tanks into hull down postions and how to lay ambushes and how to target indirect mortar fire without LOS via a HQ with LOS already have an advantage over those who do not. I'm sure there will be many more of these little things covered in the manual and those who chose to actually read the manual will likely be alot better off for it.

-tom w

I don't know if anyone noticed the artillery airbursts or not. Are these real airbursts or are the trees causing it?

Something else I noticed. When one of my machinegun crews was walking along, someone said "argh" and one of the crew went missing. Did he stumble and fallout or was he shot by a sniper?

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

> I don't know if anyone noticed the

> artillery airbursts or not. Are these real > airbursts or are the trees causing it?

That's what happens when the arty comes down on units hiding in the woods. Airbursts are modelled and additional casualties/suppression can result due to them.

> Something else I noticed. When one of my

> machinegun crews was walking along,

> someone said "argh" and one of the crew

> went missing. Did he stumble and fallout

> or was he shot by a sniper?

Food poisoning is a possibility but more likely you are being shot at by something you can't see yet.

Cool game, huh?

p.

CM also has artillery with VT (or pozit) fuzes, which can generate airbursts even on an open field without the use of trees. Highly lethal against infantry in the open, but quite expensive to buy for your regular head-to-head battle (much more expensive than a regular arty battery without VT).