Getting American version of CMBB in Europe

Is there a way to get the American version of CMBB in Europe? I live in Germany but I certainly don´t want the German version. I haven´t seen the German version of CMBB but what I read in some other threads is enough.

It´s understandable why software producers translate their games. There are certainly many people who prefer a game to be in their mother tongue and probably they wouldn´t buy it if it wasn´t. But there are also many people (like me) who prefer games in their producion language (as long as it is English smile.gif ). I think it is hard to translate without really loosing something. In addition to that, European versions often seem to be censored in some way. That also is understandable, because there are some (IMO rediculous) laws in some European countries (Germany on the top of the list). It´s not only historical censorship (display of swastika, ss runes and the like, which I don´t understand because I don´t think it will promote Nazi propaganda) but also censorship of realism (blood and violence). If people don´t like violence, why not integrate a no-violence option?

Anyway, even if anything stays as it is, why can´t there be access to uncensored American versions? BFC won´t sell CMBB in Europe. Why? I don´t think they will steal customers from cdv, because most people will avoid the higher costs of a direct import from the US. Those who won´t (inclusive me), can´t seriously damage cdv.

[ September 21, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]

You could order the UK version through a retailer here like www.gameplay.co.uk (it may be .com)or via Amazon.co.uk. It will still be the CDV version but it will be in English. Only way to get a true US/non-Europe version AFAIK is to order via a non-European forum member. It depends what you want. If you are only concerned about it being in English then the CDV/UK version should do it. If there are other concerns you will have to try the 3rd party route.

See the European Manual thread re why BTS can't sell to Europe. It isn't contractually possible. BTS are working round an issue with the manual that bothers some and I'm sure they'll come up with something. Other than that, matter for you, but there is perhaps little point in kicking the arguments off again.

[ September 21, 2002, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

The couple of VERY helpful American forum members who are going to forward the US versions to great acclaim over here currently have their order books full.

Try asking on the forum to see if someone else will let you pay for and ship a copy of CMBB to their home address in the USA, then they post it over the pond to you. That way you'll just need to arrange to pay the minor shipping costs to them by whatever means are amicable.

If any USA forum members can help the Euros out ('Not again!' I hear you cry :rolleyes: ) it really is appreciated. Good karma and positive vibes will be yours to cherish, and I personally have written to Tony Blair offering to part-sponsor a Tornado sortie to bomb the crap out of Saddam as a token of appreciation for our splendid US friends.

Today I brought home from work both small boxes and 'sturdy paks'. I am waiting to see how big the US version is before deciding how to send the ones I am forwarding to UK/Europe.

Small boxes may be more resistant to damage but in reality it's all pure luck as to what gets damaged if at all. From my unfortunate experience with the shipping business, I've seen big sturdy boxes damaged but also see paks/letters that were overstuffed arrive ok.

-john

I'm interested too in getting the US version, mostly because the unkown release date for non-german version (I want the game!!! smile.gif ) and because other secondary things which Brightblade and other forum members already said (censored and copy protection).

If someone can help me I would be very grated. Thanks.