UK Release

Once again we are left waiting here in the UK its a load of pants if you ask me -i know the excuses and all the rubbish spoken about this issue on various threads about translations and marketing and all sorts of bullman but the fact remains that we are left again waiting.

As with virtually every other decent release until most people on these pages are talking about combat mission 3 or the latest patch etc ...

groan groan

at least it's Friday and its even sunny here in Manchester and its back to waiting..

i think a group of flamethrowers and a tank or 2 should be sent outside the offices of the distributers of this game and told to hand over the games immediatley and to all those on macs that ordered it through this website they be told to hand over all copies of the game and prevented from any further quick battles or operations in kursk until the remainder of the english speaking world has a copy too !!!!!!! :mad:

I'm wondering why these stupid things always get released on a Friday? I tend to buy all my software by mail order.

If it's released on Friday there's almost no chance it'll be in the post and delivered by Saturday. So I miss a entire weekend of CMBBing!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got an email from GAME this morning about my

pre-order saying it will still be released

on the 11 Oct.

Have to admit i did keep an eye on the postman this morning ..... he walked straight on past :(

Still that meant no new bills ! smile.gif

Another week to wait :rolleyes:

Lou2000

Jiggles

If it's released on Friday there's almost no chance it'll be in the post and delivered by Saturday. So I miss a entire weekend of CMBBing!!!
If you preordered from Game or EB they will post it so it gets to you on the 11th, at least thats what they say. What they do is another thing.

Pies

I made the mistake of odering through Amazon - I had a £5 voucher so thought I'd save a few quid, but just checked my order status which says release date 11th Oct, estimated delivery date 14th Oct. Doh! :( That'll teach me for being a tight git.

On a more positive note I've been lurking on this forum for years with nothing much to contribute... but once I'd downloaded the CMBB demo I knew I'd have to break cover, it's just too much damn fun. So here Iam in open ground at last and that trenchmouth has cleared up nicely.

Well, another Monday, another weekend without CMBB.

Just to keep things up to date from my pov:

1) Spent a nice Saturday lunchtime wandering around Den Haag trying to find a pc shop that had even heard of CMBB. No such luck. No-one had a clue about this title. Looks like C*cough*V's press releases haven't made it out yet to Dutch retailers.

2) No reply to my thread in the C*cough*V English forum. 79 views though, so somebody reads it. I live in hope. \o/

So what's the point of posting I hear you ask? None really you may say. But then what was the point in trying to get information from C*cough*V? None really.

And to any anti-whining whiners who may read this. I had to look on page 6 for this thread. Oops, oh dear, I seem to have bumped it up. Me bad. smile.gif

Fetches,

My games shop (Dimension Plus) knew what I was talking about. And in Groningen no less. Of course all they could tell me was that it should have been release the 4th, but it is delayed a week. Seems they get the english version, so when the Germans ship it to England, it makes a 180 turn there and comes right back to us.

(Modern logistics: an American game is going to be translated in German, wich is translated in English, burned Germany, then shipped to England, repackaged and shipped to the Netherlands and sold there, after which I am going to rip the manual to parts, send a cover to America and get the original manual send from America to the Netherlands. And this all takes just a month, really amazing. Unnecesairy, but amazing).

[ October 07, 2002, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Bertram ]

I've searched for CM:BB in a lot of computershops around A'dam, but also nobody knew anything about it. That's really frustrating.

It's good to share the anger with some fellow cm-ers! Relieves the waiting a little :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

PS. Any tips where to look are welcome. Groningen is a long way though :D:D:D

I got another email from GAME overnight, stating that my CMBB order (UK) was being processed ready for dispatch on 11 Oct.

Then i'll have to go throught the manual ripping process to get the full printed version.

I'm happy enough to pay for it but dont really see the advantage to BFC of having to send the front cover of the DVD-package version. If people are going to pirate the game ... and I hope they dont ... it is just gonna get distributed with the PDF manual. Whilst PDF manuals are a total pain for genuine purchasers they are a godsend for software pirates !

BFC, dont get me wrong its not a 'complaint' - I just dont think it'll achieve much.

Lou2000