Lose the baggage...

When purchasing a whole battalion or company you get the baggage with it. Something else to try is to buy by the platoons. Yeah, you will lose the company commander but then again you will save on points and be able to purchase other things. Some of the platoons come without any support weapons. Try mixing your units (platoons) with vet and reg. That will give you some hard hitting troops and still save ya points. Later.

I saw comments in, I believe, one of those "winecape's tourney of the star's" thread which indicated that there were players who had asked if it was permissible to do this. That got my curiousity up as well. I don't how to do it, and honestly, I don't think it *should* be done, BUT, those questions certainly did indicate that something like this is possible.

for QB's instead of getting all the baggage when points are tight, and you are looking to accomplish a specific purpose (scout,defend,assust,ect), i like to purchase units at the platoon levels and get the specific support units that i need. yes that is mostly gamey, yet on the battlefield you never knew who would show up and who didnt make it in time for the fight. but thats for you and your opponet to determine ey? tongue.gif

when creating scenarios, i like to give some variety to each side and not cookie cutter OOB.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua:

I saw comments in, I believe, one of those "winecape's tourney of the star's" thread which indicated that there were players who had asked if it was permissible to do this. That got my curiousity up as well. I don't how to do it, and honestly, I don't think it *should* be done, BUT, those questions certainly did indicate that something like this is possible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The way you do it is to play on a pre-made map. The idea is, you and your opponent each get a copy of the map from a neutral, third party. You open the map up in teh scenario editor and buy wahtever units you want. In the scenario editor, you can freely delete portions of large units (for example, if I were to decide I needed a WHOLE LOT of infantry, I could buy a couple of regular battalions of Heer, then eliminate all FO's, MG's, Mortars, etc., from each one and have nothing left but the infantry.

After you buy your stuff, you save the purchases and return the amended map file to the neutral third party, who opens it, examines your purchases and those of your opponent (in the mapfile HE returned to the 3d party), then buys units for both sides and tournament saves the result. THe map is ready for play and the third party sends it out to one of hte players to start.

Long and convoluted, but that is how you do it.