Future patches and CDV 'version'

Hi BFC et al

Can I ask if when the inevitable patches appear for CMBB will those released for US version be compatible with the CDV......um......'version' ?

Please if the answer is No just say so I dont want anymore surprises and would much prefer an honest answer wether to my liking or not.

The thought of depending on CDV to release patches concurrent (or if at all) with 'offical' patches for their multiple language versions is faniciful to say the least (in this cheesed off blokes humble opinion anyway)in light of their handling of CMBB (or CMII as they prefer) release(s)............

Thank you

Another whingeing/gripeing/gurning Euro

Originally posted by Gary Barr:

Hi BFC et al

Can I ask if when the inevitable patches appear for CMBB will those released for US version be compatible with the CDV......um......'version' ?

Please if the answer is No just say so I dont want anymore surprises and would much prefer an honest answer wether to my liking or not.

The thought of depending on CDV to release patches concurrent (or if at all) with 'offical' patches for their multiple language versions is faniciful to say the least (in this cheesed off blokes humble opinion anyway)in light of their handling of CMBB (or CMII as they prefer) release(s)............

Thank you

Another whingeing/gripeing/gurning Euro

Well, as the EXE file has encrypted censorship in it, there will be seperate files and patches.

But maybe it takes only a few days to get it right, so that should not be a problem.

Fred

Schrullenhaft, tech guru, said this(two threads down):

The CDV versions of the patches will come out at the same time as the BFC distributed version. I'm under the impression that all versions will be available from BFC's website when they're released, so you won't have to endure the inertia of CDV if they take longer than normal to post the patches to their website.

The BFC patches will probably be limited to English and French, while CDV will have German, French and English language versions (I'm not sure if any of the other languages will have a separate executable - most likely they'll still use the English language executable). Again, there will be a simultaneous release of all patches for all versions when new patches are released. There is no planned 'phased release' of the patches for different languages and different distributions.

Again, you will not be able to use a different distribution patch with CMBB. A patch for a BFC distribution will not work with the CDV CD (it won't recognize the copy protection) and vice versa.

This has been answered a few times: the patches will come out at the same time, but be different. The CDV version has to go through CDV quality control which will take -so did Moon say- a few days, which means the US version will be delayed by the same amount.

[ September 20, 2002, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

...maybe it takes only a few days...

Jiihaa. I truly hope so it is enough. Ok, I am a selfish b*stard with credit card, so I haven't found ANY good thing in having CDV with their stupid German laws as a reseller in Europe. Especially when FORCED to use their version. I also imagine playing CMBB for years, so I'd REALLY preciate an ability to make a backup copy from my original CD in case of scratches. Luckily I dont have children...

"Nag, nag nag. I'm just another idiot whining." I can already hear. Maybe some day someone could believe that we are not griping for fun. -Guess not.

Anyway, THANKS BTS!

Folks, please let us not start just another CDV bashing thread as long as we have nothing to bash about. I would be as amazed as any other software developer if this planet holds any software quality assurance team which even unpacks the test subject within a few days.

But - until "it" actually happens lets save the energy.

Now, if the screwed US customers would get their games already they would have something else to do than bitching.

[ September 20, 2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Yeah it's good to know we won't have to wait as long for patches as we have for the game(yet another dig at bloody cdv).

Hi Gary

spoke to Glenn and he remembers you. He did'nt play rugby, he was more the opera type, if you know what I mean. I was at the school as the same time as you but I would have been a snotty nosed first year with a blazer 5 times to big. Never did grow into it!

Fitz

Originally posted by arzi:

...maybe it takes only a few days...

Jiihaa. I truly hope so it is enough. Ok, I am a selfish b*stard with credit card, so I haven't found ANY good thing in having CDV with their stupid German laws as a reseller in Europe. Especially when FORCED to use their version. I also imagine playing CMBB for years, so I'd REALLY preciate an ability to make a backup copy from my original CD in case of scratches. Luckily I dont have children...

"Nag, nag nag. I'm just another idiot whining." I can already hear. Maybe some day someone could believe that we are not griping for fun. -Guess not.

Anyway, THANKS BTS!

Arzi,

BFC just wanted your best (your money), so do not expect them to appreciate your whining!

Ok, you get no manual, ok it's Waffelgrandiere, ok the copy protection scheme ruins your DVD, BUT...be happy that you get it at all!

As an european, you better be quiet...

They do you a favour, to offer you a mediocre version of the game...the alternative is no game at all!

Fred

Hi Gary, yes I was and i've still got the scars to prove it! :D

To move on to something a bit more serious, I really think you should reconsider about pre-ordering the game. I know it's crappy that we get a censored game and a shortened manuel but there is very little we can do about it. I think enough people have complained about this and I am sure the guys at BFC have not ignored them but have taken it on board. Unfortunatly it is a done deal. A somewhat raw deal, yes, but one which cannot be reversed for this game. Hopefully something can be done for future games. However future games depend on this game selling and selling well.

Gary, if you are still in doubt take a break from the forum for a couple of minutes, and when you come back take a look at some of the screens sent in by people who have already got the game (lucky sods!) and like me you will be drooling with anticipation! tongue.gif

Cheers

Fitz

Fred,

I will not show the same tolerance for your posts as Steve is showing elsewhere. I would advise you to watch it as you are now merely trolling and offering nothing constuctive in your posts. I will not tolerate that, regardless of the current situation.

You are wrong in just about everything you said.

You ARE still getting a manual, every single word of it but part (90 pages) is in print and the other portion is in a PDF format. If it could have been done with the whole thing printed for the European release it would have been done so but the reality of the situation means that it could not.

There is nothing mediocre about the European version. It is the same version that myself and others sweated over for more than two years and you are simply ranting like a child now because the truth of the situation is not to your liking.

We have listened to your viewpoint, and have even accepted that not everything is 100% to our liking but we have answered you with the truth of the matter as best we could.

The customer is NOT always right. More often than not the customer is completely wrong. The sign of a good business is one in which they can work WITH the customer to educate them about what is in fact right and true. We are sincerely trying to do that.

We don't ask for sycophantical support, just a little patience while we address peoples concerns and issues in the best way we can.

Posting in every thread you can find to badmouth us, CDV or just to rant over and over again with the same diatribe isn't going to do anyone any good, in fact it will just end up badly.

The patch issue, the manual issue and more will be addressed by us very shortly.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Fred,

I will not show the same tolerance for your posts as Steve is showing elsewhere. I would advise you to watch it as you are now merely trolling and offering nothing constuctive in your posts. I will not tolerate that, regardless of the current situation.

You are wrong in just about everything you said.

You ARE still getting a manual, every single word of it but part (90 pages) is in print and the other portion is in a PDF format. If it could have been done with the whole thing printed for the European release it would have been done so but the reality of the situation means that it could not.

There is nothing mediocre about the European version. It is the same version that myself and others sweated over for more than two years and you are simply ranting like a child now because the truth of the situation is not to your liking.

We have listened to your viewpoint, and have even accepted that not everything is 100% to our liking but we have answered you with the truth of the matter as best we could.

The customer is NOT always right. More often than not the customer is completely wrong. The sign of a good business is one in which they can work WITH the customer to educate them about what is in fact right and true. We are sincerely trying to do that.

We don't ask for sycophantical support, just a little patience while we address peoples concerns and issues in the best way we can.

Posting in every thread you can find to badmouth us, CDV or just to rant over and over again with the same diatribe isn't going to do anyone any good, in fact it will just end up badly.

The patch issue, the manual issue and more will be addressed by us very shortly.

Madmatt

Madmatt,

I do not like you, you do not like me.

Instead of attacking my position you attack me personally.

I am wrong with everything I say...my god...you are so superior.

Mad...its so simple...do what you do with every single customer who complains...ban.

Everyone that ever has the slightest critique..ban.

As you see from my member number I am here since yesterday...so ban.

Fred

P.s.

from business school Maddy...customer is ALWAYS right...read it from my broken lips

[ September 20, 2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Fred ]

Fair enough Fred. In this case, the customer IS right and I will dutifully abide by your wish.

You were warned to cease your constant tirades after we answered all your questions as best we could. You refused.

You were asked to behave in a mature manner. You refused.

You were asked to put forward an alternate solution to what you perceive as a fundamental fault with our deal with CDV. You refused to comment on this.

I asked that you just show a little patience and allow us to address the concerns that you, and more elegantly by others, brought forward. You refused.

I asked you to stop ranting and trolling in posts. You refused.

The truth is, I dont dislike you. I could care less what you user number is or how often you have posted to the forum. The fact that you have been around so long and still are clueless to how we do thing business via the internet is conducted is rather sad.

Perhaps you should try and get a refund from that school in Hamburg?

You say that I don't like you, to be honest I have no opinion of you either way. But you are now banned which is exactly what you asked for.

Gary Barr, you concern about the patches will be addresses in the near future. In short, ALL patches will be done by us, so you have nothing to worry about.

Madmatt