BFC you have outdone yourselves!

Ok,

Well after playing all week I think I can finally come up for air to say a few words. Steve, Charles, Martin, Dan and Matt, you guys have totally outdone yourselves with this one. I am absolutely blown away.

My overall impression is CMBB is so CM but not CM. There is no other way to describe it. It looks and feels like the old CM we all know and love but the improvements and gameplay are beyond belief. Someone was posting would CMBB be more fun. In a nutshell, yes a thousand times over. CMBO took my breath away and was all I ever hoped and dreamed for in computer wargame. CMBB blows it out of the water. So many different things and improvements I don't how to begin!

The new armor penetration model is phenomenal and the addition of the death clock is superb. The level of tension and immersion as I watch my tanks pump round after round into an enemy AFV not knowing if he is dead or will shoot back is as close to being there as one could get. I'm totally loving using all the light armor and armored vehicles like never before in CMBO. Must admit I am a junkie for light armor, the Stuart is one of my all time favorites.

People have also mentioned that the gameplay is slowed down. In my opinion it doesn't feel all that much different that CMBO. Maybe I just played slow to begin with. Anyhow, the level of tension and exhileration during a firefight has kept me on the edge of my seat chewing my fingernails. The fights I have been in so far have been swift and very violent. Way more so than CMBO. I guess what I am saying is this game really feels like the war in the east to me, at least to my understanding of it.

The new MG properties: perfect. They too feel much more realistic. They are to be feared in CMBB the way it should be.

And finally, the graphics are superb. The improved uniform detail for both sides blows me away. To see both decals on the german helmets in the early war later to be replaced by just the heer sticker in the later war is brilliant. Watching a T-34 getting frontally peppered by three 20mm's and a 37mm cannon and the amount of sparks dancing off the hull while hollow charge shells explode on impact all at the same time had my jaw hanging on my chest. The vehicles and doodads are also inspiring. Last night as I was viewing a map I noticed the snow covered grave markers behind a church in the driving snow and wind and was absolutely stunned.

Matt, the sounds are awesome! I am so in awe at the immersion and depth these give to the game! The weapons are incredible and easily recognizable already. You hear the MG42 and duck right with your men. The ambient and immersion sounds are awesome. Bullets hitting the ground, dinging off of metal and plinking into the water is brilliant.

Great job to all of you and a most heartfelt THANK YOU! This is the finest computer game I have ever played and is everything I always dreamed of in a wargame. I don't know how you all do it, but please, keep doing it! Looking forward to all you come up with next!

I haave to second this. Just finished a scenario I set up, meeting engagement in July 1941 on a quick map.4-5 light tanks (T-26/b-7; Pz II/Pz-30 (the Czech one) ...companiy of RA infantry, 2 platoons of German regular infantry.. 1 German AC, 2 RA AC..... 1 Mortar FO each.

Anyways, a nail biter as the Germans took casualties, etc. The sounds are marvelous, especially when the firefights broke out...machine guns blazing, cannon firing, mortars going off, the cries of the wounded... me with 1 infantry platoon leader most of the time..at ground level....indescribable

Ya'll done good! :D

Even from just playing the Demo I am really impressed with one thing. The voices! I studying Russian right now and I'm loving every crylic word that comes out of the litte Ruskies mouths

Public service message: "Just say "No" to bad forgien accents spoken in English"

And another thing I forgot to mention,

Huge thanks to the scenario designers and beta testers as well. Without you guys it would be a hollow shell. Thanks for your time and the love you put into all you design for our fun! Another huge thanks to BFC for actually allowing the sneak peeks as well! No other company has ever treated all of us so well. Huge thanks to Rune again for hosting the sneak peeks and for all your work, time, love and energy devoted to this fine game.

Finally, yes the voices are so amazing it's sick. I don't understand much of anything, a little german of course learned from CMBO, but the depth this brings is amazing. I love that all the native speakers are so impressed by the voice acting in the game. Just goes to show what a little effort and attention to detail can bring to such a fine game. I may not understand them but love the fact that what we are hearing is the real deal. I think last night was the first time I've ever heard Finnish! How cool is that?

Here, here. Great job. It's all I can do not to go home from work early everyday just to play more CMBB. I haven't had a day off from work since I received the game on Monday, but am REALLY looking forward to this weekend to get some solid playing in and perhaps my 1st CMBB IP game as well!

Seriously guys, great job!

p.s Yes, another thank you to scenario and Ops designers. Played through about 4 scenarios and just started on my first Op last night. Good stuff and well designed. I loved the Morning at the Zoo scenario, that was soo much fun!

OK at the risk of sounding like a rabid fanboy, this is the reason I and other run of the mill schmoes have been so excited since getting the chance to see the game at Rune's.

The fierceness of the combat has been ratcheted up and the intensity at level 1 is immense.

Maybe I just suck, but I am finding it much more difficult to eek a victory out of many of the scenarios I have played so far.

The detail is simply awe-inspiring and those who did the generally thankless job of researching the data should get a standing ovation for their dedication.

Lastly, with the exception of the media problems of some of the shipped CD, the other frustrations all to commonly seen in other games related to installing and properly playing the program is remarkably small. Even the CD problem was resolved with quick action and this affirms the quality, professionalism, and respect for non-Fred-like customers.

I somehow managed to get 'A's' on two tests this week even with the CM:BB distraction but I was anxious to get just another turn in whenever possible.

Looks like I should be able to get a few more turns in before the wife gets home and wants to go out to dinner. Hopefully she will just nuke a Healthy Choice and let me play the rest of my game.

:cool:

BDH

I bet the players who were worrying about Russian troop quality in the demo scenario got quite a surprise the first time they were faced with an elite Guards unit in '45. Ouch! Them guys is tough!

Check out the little Bofors 37mm anti-tank gun in the Romanian units. I spotted that very gun in a German WWII film clip on TV just last week. Looked just like it.