We Love the game, and YOU - That is Why We Complain!

Ok, with complete page turnover happening once per hour, I think it is important to state some things that may get lost in the clutter. The main one is this: We all love the game, we all spurned our wive's love to stay up until the download ended at 3 am, we all have to post our personal thoughts, hopes, and deepest desires in an effort to feel like we've CONTRIBUTED something.

<big>To BFC:</big>

Like that old grandfather that used to hit you with his cane when you were a boy, we love BFC and Combat Mission, and all these barbs, insults, complaints, cries, and screams of anguish, are just our way of THANKING YOU for an excellent product.

And we all have to COMPLAIN! The way I see it, the complaints breakdown into the following types.

1.) My Crap-ass cheap-PC bought new in 1992/ Badly fragged and/or tweaked beyond recognition super-fast computer won't play the demo! Okay, if it is the first, buy a new computer or a new component and get the thing in gear, it's 2002 people! If it is the second, then Hey! Learn how to keep your computer in tip-top shape. Almost all the "My Pentium VII won't run it!" threads are posted because people have either tweaked their settings in a half-assed way into corruption or else they know SO LITTLE about computers that they never knew you had to occaisionally defrag, check for updated drivers, etc. A computer is like a car people, to keep it running it has to be taken care of, so CHANGE THE OIL!

2.) I am too old/lazy/dumb to learn new things - Iwant them the way they were!! OK, come on, just listen to yourselves for a minute. If you see your mistake, good for you! If you don't, well, keep trying. Things were ALWAYS better in the old days, right? Seriously though, it is very minor stuff and you will get used to it and perhaps one day may actually see it as an improvement.

3.) What is this and how does it work? A good question that deserves a good answer - I'm sure 15 good answers will be along shortly.

4.) I found a bug! OK, first of all, check to see that your 'bug' is actually not one of the three previously defined complaints masquerading as a bug. If it is, please don't use the B word. If not, please reconsider the post. Now, if it is an actually bug, which is by FAR the smallest percentage of posts, then please post away, hopefully with a thread-title that is coherent enough to catch the boy's attention.

Thank you for your time, and remember: Think before you post!

Well at least Panzer Leader got an oil change. :D Well said , Panzer Leader. smile.gif To tell you the truth I am tired of seeing people with a member number above 5000 post. tongue.gif I mean most of what we see from them is, 'I don't get it this, why is there something new?, I didn't understand how to play CMBO, now what do you want me to do?'

[ September 03, 2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Panzerman, some of the meanest and hurtful posts such as "This game is unplayable", "CMBO is better", "You will lose customers" are by members of the LOWER NUMBERS! Check the posts, the old fogeys are in an UPROAR!

I agree, they are obviously in the "old dog-new tricks" category, but they are entertaining.

Panzerman, some of the meanest and hurtful posts such as "This game is unplayable", "CMBO is better", "You will lose customers" are by members of the LOWER NUMBERS! Check the posts, the old fogeys are in an UPROAR!

You are correct, once again. Old boys here don't like change, and I say tough luck, to them.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

A PC needs oil?? :confused:

Yes, that's why the British don't make them.

They couldn't figure out how to make them leak.</font>

PL,

I understand that CMBB has been your "baby" (pun intended) for such a long time and well, it is your feeling, fine for me. But let's just stop for a while and enjoy the demo. I guess you have already done so. smile.gif Well, I guess the people here could say what they think so long as they abide by the rules and I believe BTS/BFC can judge from a healthy discussion to those are not. :D PL, I hope you can get as much sleep as you could now as in 3 weeks, you will probably forget where the bed is again. :D

I would like to take this opportunity to thank PL for his excellent, continuous efforts on the CMBB FAQ. If anyone miss it, I suggest it should be moved here right now!

Good luck.

[ September 03, 2002, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: GriffinCheng+ ]

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

You are correct, once again. Old boys here don't like change, and I say tough luck, to them.</font>

Now Panzer Leader, you knew I'd have to jump in and argue with you on this point.

Originally posted by Hedgehog:

Hey I just put some oil into my computer and it doesn't work any longer! Thanks Panzer leader=(

You IDIOT!! You put the oil into the <U>sump</U>, NOT the radiator!!! DOH!!!

And don't forget to rotate the tyres as well...

If you can afford it, a good ol' port and polish can work a treat and inject some "oomph" back into yer old wheezebox!! :D:D

AJ