CM manual

Just buy the game, it's the most cost effective purchace I've ever made, in terms of entertainment time.

And just wait for the scare when you open the package, and the only thing in there is the manual. smile.gif (Inside joke.)

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-11-2001).]

IMHO this was one of the best moments for me related to CM. I had been pretty much squirming waiting for the game to arrive, and the moment of shock when I saw that only the manual had been shipped was to say the least heartstopping. The elation upon then finding the CD was thus all the more intense. Wow, I thought, all this emotion and I haven't even begun to play yet...

------------------

Cede Nullis - Yield to None

Amazing, I haven't had the 'I need a new game' itch since my copy od Combat Mission came in the mail. I've never had just one disk in the drive bay for so long I forget that its there sometimes.

------------------

CM Rules!

Originally posted by Radar:

Amazing, I haven't had the 'I need a new game' itch since my copy od Combat Mission came in the mail. I've never had just one disk in the drive bay for so long I forget that its there sometimes.

DITTO. Knocked SPWAW and Halflife into the

"gathering dust" category.

------------------

"Too much of a good thing...

is wonderful." -- Mae West

Thank god i read this thread!!!

I'm hoping my copy of CM will be here in the next few days and i would of thrown myself off the balcony if ithought they had left out the CD smile.gif

------------------

"We don't wanna to die for our country, we wanna make the other bastard die for his" - Patton.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i knew i was getting it for christmas (checked the history and found the order CM page :rolleyes: )

so when i was down to the last package all i saw was a book sized thing. so i open it and see the cover. well i look around for a second and flip through it. no CD! :eek: so i get up and gather my loot and feel a crunch under my foot. and i look under and there it is, it fell out.

(thank god for flexible CDs)

edited cause otherwise noone can read it

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Doktor Zook ]

Am I the only person who opened the package and thought "oh, they stuck it in the book?" Actually, I can't quite take credit for that particular bit of coolness under fire. I received MindRover in the mail the same day. I opened it first had had that same, "hey where's the CD moment" (they'd stuck it in the manual too). So when I opened CM and was confronted with the same situation I was a little more calm. Ah, that was a good day.

Anybody else have this moment? I'd been playing the heck out of the demo scenarios and when I loaded up the full game and saw all those new scenarios my jaw dropped a little, I knew they were going to be there of course, but here they really were. After playing the same two battles for weeks I remember thinking "how the heck am I going to get around to playing all these?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ned lud:

I'll be playing this for years.... the disk is in my drive and i've superglued my drive bay closed. No need to open it again.

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, then you gonna ask another drive for Christmas, in order to play CM2 :D

--

Cafard, lousy tactician, who nearly cried too, thinking BTS had forgotten to ship the CD...