My first mod. (Work in Progress.)

OK. Here is a little preview what i've done so far. I started to mod IS-1, IS-2 Mod 1943, IS-2 Mod 1944 (early),IS-2 Mod 1944 and IS-3 (they all seem to share the same textures.)

I added bit more rust (still need to add more dirt on it as well) on it and added some stuff here and there as you can see form the screenshots below.

I'm still quite newbie on texturing these tanks. Actually this is my first time i try to texture these tanks. Ok. Enough talking. Here's 4 screenshots. smile.gif

cmbb1.jpg

cmbb2.jpg

cmbb3.jpg

cmbb4.jpg

:D

Yes, i still have to work on it more. Here's few more pics. Added some more dirt here and there and lowered the white lines and logo on the turret sides. They were too much high.

I seem to have one .bmp missing and i dont know what it is. When you look at these new pics you can see some green on the inner side of the tracks or how to explain it with me bad english. It's not amongst the other textures that this model uses. Maybe it shares some other tanks texture for that part. Beats me. Hopefully some of you can help. MrNoobie perhaps? smile.gif btw, your tanks look great! I like the textures on those T34's.

cmbb10.jpg

cmbb11.jpg

cmbb12.jpg

cmbb13.jpg

My only criticism would be that they look a bit to "weathered." They remind me of tanks I saw in Europe that had been sitting out in the open for 50 yrs. Paint scheme is beautiful. I like how it's very unique, but avoids the mirroring problem I've seen in some people's Russian tanks mods so far.

Yes, it does look a bit too much weathered. I agree. I have to change it some to more like MrNoobie has done on his 7-34's. A bit more greenish color needs to be added.

I used this model as reference pic. It's a model of JS-II M.

http://www.panzernet.com/galeria/js2mam/js2mam.htm

Or then i could go with this color theme.

http://www.panzernet.com/galeria/js2dr/js2dr.htm

Or this

http://www.panzernet.com/galeria/js2fk/js2fk.htm

Then about that cross on top of it. I dont know is it historical, but you can see it on these two models and some others too. I would guess that is historical. I can make it optional too, if some of you dont want to have it.

[ October 14, 2002, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: SAMi V ]

Changed texture on the tank and tweaked the graphics on sides of the turret. Now it doesnt look so rusty anymore. First texture looked like you could shoot through of that armor with a handgun. hehe I think now it looks better.

I think i still might need to make the whole texture a bit darker, since in the game it looks a bit brighter than in these screenshots.

I think i work next on that slogan on back of the turret. I'm not happy with it. Need to go search again for some cyrillic fonts.

And more pics:

cmbb14.jpg

cmbb15.jpg

cmbb16.jpg

cmbb17.jpg

cmbb18.jpg

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

What is the purpose of this white stripe on the side ?

A bit like the black and white stripes on many allied tactical aircraft for D-Day. There for recognition purposes to avoid friendly fire.</font>

Ta-daa! Tracks done. smile.gif

Actual tracks didnt much change its looks even though i added more dirt to them. Maybe need to add some more. I also added more dirt on the sides too.

cmbb27.jpg

[ October 14, 2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: SAMi V ]

Originally posted by SAMi V:

Ta-daa! Tracks done. smile.gif

Yes, they are!! No, don't "add more"- the tracks are perfect- they "fit" the rest of the tank. ( All this is IMHO, of course, right? )

But, (er), I think you overdid the wheels/gears whatever they're called. It kinda looks like it's been sitting in Pearl Harbor for twenty years, and it's a bit too *bright*...?

Hey, I wouldn't bug you if it didn't look almost perfect!! smile.gif

One more thing I'll add. That stripe... if you sit back a ways, it kinda jumps off the tank, no? I think if you added to it some of the same exact color scheme which is on the armor "underneath" the stripe, it should help it "stick on" better, ya know? Notice the difference between the red star and the white stripe- the red star definitely appears to be part of the armor; the stripe is still a little bit floating...

Ok, I'm done. But you're tantalizing us. smile.gif

Eden

[ October 14, 2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Eden Smallwood ]

Could I get one in high gloss metallic black with Parisian blue pin stripping?

As you can see you will get many opinions off each post on your Mods. I think your works is looking great, I am looking forward to downloading and using it in-game. Thank you!

[ October 14, 2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Yes. I think you are right there, Eden Smallwood. Too much dirt on the wheels part. I need to decrease the opacity of the dirt on them and see how it turns out.

Then about the floating stripe you mentioned. Actually it is not floating. It's just a bit more up than the one on the front. I tryed to make it go at the same height as it is on front of the turret, but in my opinion it went too low on the back of the turret. That didn't look too good.

Well, i need to go get some rest now and later on i edit the dirt part on the wheels and so on. Hopefully i have it all done soon. Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming. :)