UK release will be 4th October

Mr Z

yes that octobre 4 date is known to us now.

but only till MR Z told us so,not the people from battlefront,till now we all(Europeans) thought it would be september 20.

Now thats what I meant with some perestroika.

Now for the record I do not live in the UK,and for the scandinavian countries another date is now in place. october 18!

Makes me wonder when we get our copy here.......

the europeans are allready convicted to CDV which was very bad a decision IMHO.

So I had to come up with plans to get at least the US version here.

But I think it shouldnt have been worth al the efforts i undertook,we should have been able to get it straight from you.

Good Lord people, we've been waiting for this game for two years, what difference do a few more days make? I don't have any children, but I'm starting to understand what it must be like a few days before Christmas smile.gif .

[ September 11, 2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

Good Lord people, we've been waiting for this game for two years, what difference do a few more days make? I don't have any children, but I'm starting to understand what it must be like a few days before Christmas smile.gif .

Firefly,

We don't rant because the game is late 2 weeks after 2 years, we rant because all of Europe will have to wait "some time" between 2 and 6 weeks due to lousy business arrangements between BTS and CDV, the latter not looking like they really care about CMBB :( .

And the arrangements even forbid us to buy direct at BTS ... :mad:

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Firefly:

Firefly,

We don't rant because the game is late 2 weeks after 2 years, we rant because all of Europe will have to wait "some time" between 2 and 6 weeks due to lousy business arrangements between BTS and CDV, the latter not looking like they really care about CMBB :( .

And the arrangements even forbid us to buy direct at BTS ... :mad: </font>

lousy business arrangements between BTS and CDV, the latter not looking like they really care about CMBB :( .

And the arrangements even forbid us to buy direct at BTS ... :mad:

Yeah, it may seem lousy from YOUR narrow point of view. To me this sounds like a fair deal. I may even order CMBB from Finland, which I wasn't able to do in the early days. While I managed to order CMBO from the States in late 2000, it certainly took a great deal more effort than my preordering of CMBB just yesterday. I placed my order in the normal way, just like with almost any other game there is. Quick, easy, and more importantly, cheap. Now, explain to me my dear European friend, that after the release of CMBB in Europe that looks likely to happen very early in October, why, oh why is the CDV deal so obnoxious ? Why do you wish to order from the US ? If you can't come up with a proper explanation, one that also takes into account BFC's view and not only yours, then please help yourself a big cup of Shut the Hell up. Please. tongue.gif

[Edited because I misread . Hell, these things just happen ! :rolleyes: ]

[ September 11, 2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

Yes, but is Christmas on 20/09/02, 4/10/02, or 25/10/02? :D The difference in these dates is puzzling.

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Yeah, it may seem lousy from YOUR narrow point of view. To me this sounds like a fair deal. I may even order CMBB from Finland, which I wasn't able to do in the early days. While I managed to order CMBO from the States in late 2000, it certainly took a great deal more effort than my preordering of CMBB just yesterday. I placed my order in the normal way, just like with almost any other game there is. Quick, easy, and more importantly, cheap. Now, explain to me my dear European friend, that after the release of CMBB in Europe that looks likely to happen very early in October, why, oh why is the CDV deal so obnoxious ? Why do you wish to order from the US ? If you can't come up with a proper explanation, one that also takes into account BFC's view and not only yours, then please help yourself a big cup of Shut the Hell up. Please. tongue.gif

[Edited because I misread . Hell, these things just happen ! :rolleyes: ]

So I put it again :

* I want CMBB when BTS release it on 09/20, not when CDV cares to ship it in Europe or to Mars for that matter

* I want the US, non-sanitized, non-copy-protection-garbage filled version to be able to backup my precioussss

And when CMBO came up, you could order it from anywhere in the world (including Finland) via the web. Now I can't even preorder it ...

And Ok, I'm a French whiner tongue.gif

A word from the second french whinner ;)

By my experiences i know that europeen version of US game gets their patch/update, later than the original version ( never in some case).

NB : They already delayed the intial game. Good start.

So i just want be able to order the original version.

Second, I don t like "washed games".

Third, Why as european customer i will not be able to backup my game cause CD protect ?

Arioch

Stop whining about the CDV deal, because you DO have an alternative, so take it if it bothers you so much.

There are American members of this forum who will forward the game to you if you order it to their address. Myself and several other UK'ers are doing this.

Just make your preference and ASK on this forum, it's your shout.

So I put it again :

* I want CMBB when BTS release it on 09/20, not when CDV cares to ship it in Europe or to Mars for that matter

* I want the US, non-sanitized, non-copy-protection-garbage filled version to be able to backup my precioussss

And when CMBO came up, you could order it from anywhere in the world (including Finland) via the web. Now I can't even preorder it ...

2bad4u, then. :Dtongue.gif:D It isn't preorderable in France ? Anywhere ? It is in Finland, and IMO it's a lot better to place your order in your own country than to the States. Have you ever tried even asking businesses whether it'll become available in France ? Or do you spend your time here just whining ?