Anyone how there have the CM beta demo?

Check these out!!.... screenshots of CM from July 1998!!!

Combat MIssion meets South Park smile.gif

shot1big.jpg

shot3big.jpg

Freaky stuff, smile.gif

There's a potted history of the whole CM development process here. It says the original release date of CMBO was spring '99, with the beta demo coming out in Nov '99 (GULP!!)

[ June 05, 2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Kilgore ]

Originally posted by Kilgore:

Check these out!!.... screenshots of CM from July 1998!!!

Combat MIssion meets South Park smile.gif

shot1big.jpg

shot3big.jpg

Freaky stuff, smile.gif

Heh, heh. I recall at the time observing that graphically, CM was ugly as a warthog.

;)

I also recall that at about the same time Steve's attitude toward me, which had previously been warm and cordial, noticeably cooled. LOL!

:D

Well, the look of the game has sure improved since then. I hope my relationship with Steve has too.

Michael

[ June 05, 2002, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Gents, if you promise to be nice to my server, you can upload a self-extracting binary that will, after a scary licensing message, dump the beta demo onto your hard drive. I figure that this is non-commercial distribution, so the winzip licensing isn't relevant.

Just get it (your browser will need to be in PASV or passive mode), and run it from a directory of your choice. I virus-scanned it before making it ready, but prudence says you should do the same before running.

It will be placed in "%your_directory%\enter\combatmission beta demo\", and you just start the demo exe to play. You will then appreciate what we have today a little more smile.gif