Sneak Preview in Southern California

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WineCape,

After feeding tyro me to master CM player Fionn as my first game in the Invitational, then sending my men up not one, but several defense filled hills in RoW I and even worse hellholes in RoW II, I'm afraid a) there's not much left of me to threaten and B) no need. The standard of competition in RoW II has been more than adequate, such that I am presently regrowing various body parts I gnawed off under extreme combat stress in the four battles I've fought so far.

I plan on providing a detailed report on CMBB, subject to the blackout restrictions, being well aware of how fortunate I am to be able to attend a sneak preview.

Regards,

John Kettler

Actor,

Thank you very much for your hospitality! If someone who was there knows, I think we ought to get a "guestbook" going in this thread to mention all who were present.

I will try to answer specific questions if anyone has them, but to summarize, this game will definitely be worth the wait, and will stand as the definitive tactical combat sim.

Graphics were very immersive, I have not seen any comments from other sneak peeks that exaggerated the claims of CMBB. After seeing up close and personal, the features added to CMBB will take our play to a much higher level, with new complexities and subtleties to our tactics. This is not going to be reducable to a "numbers" game.

Thanks again Actor, and it was nice to meet all of you in person!