In the Peng Challenge Are Many Mansions, And I Go to Prepare A Place For You Now

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Seanachai:

Where would I be if I could only achieve a great taunt if given great subjects, eh Boo? In a room, alone, muttering to myself, that's where.

I'm failing to spot the difference here. You ARE alone in a room, muttering to yourself.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Leave it to a philosopher to swagger about with all his words, veiled in deep meanings and nuances. Who the f uses 'wherewith' in his conversations??? Okay, maybe Joe Xia, but we all know that not only has he got one, he is one... but wherewith?!?

Fortunately for you, the penalty of the ignorant is to be enlightened.

If you were not so intent on lashing out at and unthinkingly resenting what you rightly sensed had a deeper meaning than your worthless self, you might have noticed the two little vertical lines on either side of that block of text. These are quotation marks. This means I did not write those words--and hence did not use "wherewith" in conversation, or “conversations,” as you say--but only, here's the tough concept, quoted them. Now, not only is it possible to quote things of greater significance than a line from Star Trek, even if it is the best Star Trek, you can either a) indicate the source to show what a big brain you have and what big books you've read, or B) employ it as the equivalent of a secret handshake, a code if you will, understood by like thinkers, and resented by morons.

Or, to put it in terminology a small mind like yours might more easily grasp, "Spengler ownz ju."

[ October 04, 2002, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Malakovski ]

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Where would I be if I could only achieve a great taunt if given great subjects, eh Boo? In a room, alone, muttering to myself, that's where.

I'm failing to spot the difference here. You ARE alone in a room, muttering to yourself.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Geez, Choochoo, everybody interests you. That's how we get half of the deadweight we have in here.

Hmm? Stop pulling at my sleeve, lad. I have been taunting, Dalem. I have no time right now for your attempted drolleries. Go tell them to Gaylord.

I'm sure you can hold him enthralled for hours with one of your quips against your betters.</font>

Originally posted by Stuka:

This will be nearly as much fun as my last threesome with the tailgunners Jolie and Richards.

The one where for three days running your wife was changing soiled sheets and insisting you get counseling for your overly rich 'life of the unconscious mind'?

Glad to hear you've got the game coming (since nothing else seems either likely or even possible).

Looking forward to steadfastly attempting to crush you again in the near future. I'll have Andreas whip up some special third party battles for just that purpose.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Hi ho Hi ho sings the only Gnome i know, his head is big and thats a fact, die gnome, die gnome, it's off to kursk you go, your ass is big but gnomes are fat, hi ho now go you Seanome .

Gaylord, when you work in rhyme, you achieve as much of your potential as you ever seem likely to achieve.

Not that it isn't excruciatingly awful, but it's at least thoroughly you (as excruciatingly awful as that is).

If you must post, as opposed to diving head first into a woodchipper, then continue to do so in the horrible idiom that I believe should be your trademark: hideously odd rhyming couplets that never quite rise to the level of requiring a letter writing campaign by Amnesty International, but that still infringe many of the clauses laid out in international treaties against acts of torture and terrorism.

Also, I think it might indeed be fitting to make Panzer Leader your mentor. Or whatever. Not a Squire-Knight relationship. More of a...words fail me, and that is just about as unlikely an occurence as can ever occur on this planet. But whatever it would be, you probably both deserve it.

Maybe it will turn out like one of those 'prisoners chained together and escaping against the odds while gaining a deeper understanding and appreciation of each other' type movies that were in vogue for a while.

Or better yet, it will turn out like 'chained together escaping prisoners tripping each other up endlessly in a series of unbelievable pratfalls until they are finally and brutally gunned down by laughing rednecks and dogs rend and pee upon their carcasses' type movies that will, undoubtedly, come into vogue if the main roles are filled with a pair of utter lackwits like yourselves.

The one where for three days running your wife was changing soiled sheets and insisting you get counseling for your overly rich 'life of the unconscious mind'?

Not true

Glad to hear you've got the game coming (since nothing else seems either likely or even possible).

Ohhh, I could tell you some stories....

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Right, then lads. Bugger him.

Well?! We're waiting. Who's first?

While you may have fantasies about the British Navy, the rest of us are not interested. Have at if you must</font>

This Malakovski interests me. I find his patois quite amusing. I send him up as a Serf. I think he should get a game.

Leeo, give the lad a game. I think he used a form of 'Taunt Judo' on you, and turned most of your rant against you. It was, hmm, almost adroit.

I fully agree. In fact, we will be watching this one... we may want this one in Darkness

For there are so few worthy of one of my taunts that if I were to wait for one of you quivering little lemmings to 'inspire' me to greatness, I would be the Methuselah of Taunting, and speak a great taunt but once a decade, at most.

We can only wish, you overgrown toadstool.

AJ

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Would that the pain pills were actually working, but they don't do much on dry sockets. And before some bloody Dental Grog mentions it AGAIN, it's actually my JAW that hurts, alright?

I shouldn't have to put up with this when I'm in pain you know, it just isn't fair.

Joe

Dearest Joe. Recalling a particularly unpleasant episode in my

past life when I had a 5 hour operation "in the chair" - as it were, to have an impacted wisdom tooth removed bit by crunching, bleeding bit, I would offer you the following advice.

As you sit there, sweating profusely, bound and helpless with numb gums and thick tongue lolling, listening to the good Doktor muttering violent and bloody oaths and sharpening his *screeeeeching* instruments of mass torture, ask yourself this burning question:

<BIG>"IS IT SAFE?"</BIG>

Glad to be of some comfort, old feller.

AJ