Major CMBB bug (for me).

Well, I new it would be only a matter of time before something went fatally wrong with CMBB. In this case, almost every time I start CMBB now half the textures are missing and are replaced by white squares. The majority of what I see is white actually, but the strange thing is that sometimes when I start the game (under no special conditions), everything is fine.

Last night I started up 'The gate keepers' and it worked great. Today everything is messed up to the extreme. I've restarted the comp and CMBB countless times to no avail. I don't see any patern, and I don't see any logical solution. I will try to change my video card drivers to see if that's the cause, but I see no reason why it should be.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance [bTS].

System info:

-Windows XP pro on NTFS file structure.

-AMD TBird 1.33 @ 1.4Ghz.

-512mb PC-2100 DDR-SDRAM

-Geforce 3 using detonator 30.82's.

goodgraphics.jpg

[ October 28, 2002, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: AnonymousOxide ]

It's a problem of your computer - not CMBB.

Tech forum.

1. Reset CPU to normal speed and check if problem persists.

2. Reset RAM-timing to normal speed and check if problem persists.

3. Reset GPU to normal core and memory clock and check if problem persists.

4. You know all about this, don't you?

Why don't you try it on your own and AFTERWARDS nothing helps, you ask others for help?

This behaviour is egoistic, unfriendly and antisocially to those who really need help.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Open your case, put a fan on it. I bet you solve your problem.

Thanks, but I have a HSF on my CPU and thermal compound too. I have a 120mm fan in the back, and a 90mm Sunon fan in the front, so my CPU is running quite cool regardless of the overclocking.

Yes it probably is my computer, but I haven't had problems with games in years, and definitely not on this computer. This could, however, be related to my recent XP Pro install (I switched from 98).

BTS, have you heard anything about this?

Originally posted by Schoerner:

It's a problem of your computer - not CMBB.

Tech forum.

1. Reset CPU to normal speed and check if problem persists.

2. Reset RAM-timing to normal speed and check if problem persists.

3. Reset GPU to normal core and memory clock and check if problem persists.

4. You know all about this, don't you?

Why don't you try it on your own and AFTERWARDS nothing helps, you ask others for help?

This behaviour is egoistic, unfriendly and antisocially to those who really need help.

Those who "really" need help? Hmmm, that can't be me since ONLY half my screen is white "textures". I better just leave it alone so the people with frequent crashing (AKA the people with "real" problems) can get more attention, even though they're most likely running on celeron 266's with the same OS that was installed originally, and with 99% fragmentation on their hard-drives to back it up.

As for coming here AFTERWARDS nothing helps, I planned on making it to that state anyway, and now I'm at it, so what does it matter? I tried the majority of your methods above and it didn't help, and I really have no other ideas except reinstalling the OS which I'm not about to do any time soon. And it is a fresh XP OS anyway with SP1 installed.

And for the record, it's not FSAA, I set it to always off. Also, the new 40 beta's from NVIDIA don't help. The game worked great at first and I thought I found the problem, but today it surprised me again with the missing text and missing textures. Again, though, this does not happen every time, but many times, especially after boot-up.

I will post a pic once I find a host.

If you have tried all the things Schoerner mentioned and definitely don't have an overheating problem to the best of your knowledge, then I suggest try obtaining a spare video card and switching that in temporarily to see if the problems persist. IMO it does sound like a heating/hardware issue and not a software/driver one.

Ron

Edit: Just had another thought that may be worth trying, check the integrity of the RAM you have installed and maybe even take one stick out temporarily. Let us know how it turns out.

[ October 20, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Ron ]

You know, I never suspected it would be this, but it seems my BIOS will only let me have a clock multiplier of 10.5x 133FSB, so I can't seem to lower my CPU to 1.33mhz.

Strangely, when I install a new BIOS, I have many more clock options than I do when I've been running the system for a while regularly. So right now, I'm going to try to switch my CPU to the standard 1.33Ghz which it is rated and see if I still have the prob. 66mhz isn't worth it.

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

You know, I never suspected it would be this, but it seems my BIOS will only let me have a clock multiplier of 10.5x 133FSB, so I can't seem to lower my CPU to 1.33mhz.

Strangely, when I install a new BIOS, I have many more clock options than I do when I've been running the system for a while regularly. So right now, I'm going to try to switch my CPU to the standard 1.33Ghz which it is rated and see if I still have the prob. 66mhz isn't worth it.

Let me clearify that: I have a lot of FSB options, but the clock multiplyer wont go below 10.5x.