Anyone down under got it yet

Titan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

"It strikes me that it is never inappropriate to remind all Australians that my Quest, most holy and devout, is to 'Crush Them All'.

It strikes me that a "quest" should be something that will be noteworthy!!

ello ellos.

I have set aside several scenarios for members of this thread but, have yet to order the game myself.

Would appreciate your saving them for me anyhow. I will, without a doubt, be getting it soon.

We could of course play different scenarios than those we've set up, so dun worry about it if you get another sucker lined up :D

Cheers.

Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Whats up with Reichmann? does he actually play any games or does he just surf the forums and keep a detailed journal of all events. I'm looking 4ward 2 playing ya dude - lets see how good your memory is after I destroy you a dozen times in a row.

I do play the game but I don't spout off about my exploits as I believe in giving my opponents their due win, lose or draw. We'll see who gets the last laugh when you're playing a game you're relatively unfamiliar with.

As to keeping a journal on this bulletin board... only on loud mouth types who revel in deliberately getting up the nose of fellow gamers.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Why are you guys in such a rush to get it? The quicker you get it the quicker the "king of down under" will destroy you. Right now you havent lost a game - enjoy it while it lasts :cool:

Kiwijoe - CMBO NZ/AUS champ (self decleared)

From Famous Quotes:

Best combat mission moments:

tecumseh

3) When Catnip beat Kiwijoe in about 5 turns.

2) When she did it again

1) When she then posted the reason for her second win was because she'd "just discovered the hunt command"</font>

Well I guess its hard to judge *tone* with forum posts. If you notice I don't hassle people who dont hassle me 1st. When people make smart ass remarks about me - I give it back, and then some smile.gif

However I never hold grudges, I never refuse to play people because they pissed me off in the forums, and I alwasy remember this is a game. I just like to have a bit more fun with it than others do ;)

You are quite right about the "unfamilar" thing. If ever any1 had a chance of beating 1 of the CMBO greats then it's early on with CMBB before every1 is used to the different units and strategys available.

Why are you guys in such a rush to get it? The quicker you get it the quicker the "king of down under" will destroy you. Right now you havent lost a game - enjoy it while it lasts :cool:

Kiwijoe - CMBO NZ/AUS champ (self decleared)

Right that Does it!!!

In our last outing together Mr Joe i heard a Groan and then a loud howl as the words "I surrender" left your mouth.

We shall do this again back to back and it shall be made Public smile.gif And i will take your self imposed crown of the greatest down under

Well I guess its hard to judge *tone* with forum posts. If you notice I don't hassle people who dont hassle me 1st. When people make smart ass remarks about me - I give it back, and then some smile.gif

However I never hold grudges, I never refuse to play people because they pissed me off in the forums, and I alwasy remember this is a game. I just like to have a bit more fun with it than others do ;) ...SNIP...

O.K., I'll give you your due then. As long as you can take losses and having them highly published as well as you obviously revel in your wins.

Regards

Jim R.

Reichmann,I give Kiwijoe his dues,like a true Countryman of mine regardless of his situation he plays his game in the spirit of how it should,and is consistant with his turns,IE:not suddenly dropping to 1 turn a week when losing,that kinda stuff.

All the same ill enjoy giving him a taste of the Titan again

And Kiwijoe,Youre on!!!!

[ September 20, 2002, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Titan ]

Originally posted by Stuka:

Due to a cash flow problem imposed by a monthly salary and various loan repayments, I have not even pre-ordered yet.

I will uphold my end of the bargain and shout the beers for any who would venture up Brisbane way.

It will be my home brew though and if you happen to not like it...... tough ****!

tongue.gif

Mine went through.

If it's true to form, it took 6 weeks for CMBO to land here from launch. Even Canadians had copies before I got mine smile.gif

Winecape - Can't remember a lot - a good time was had I suspect smile.gif The bottle I gave to the old man brought back comments of "very very good".

Titan - I hate when people start dropping off the turns almost in perfect unison with how badly they are getting beaten. Keep the turns pumping or surrender!

Silverlining time.

It seems that the first patch (for vehicle graphics - so a IS-3 looks like a IS-3) isn't far away, so at least we will have a reduced period of using the current images.

Although my heart is bleeding for those people upset that they can't tell the difference between a IS-2 and a IS-3 currently, at least they have the game in hand.

I know wot ya mean carrot. I had a brief go at a couple of the ladders and found most games unenjoyable. Players were bitchy from the start. And when they started losing they would slow down on turns and give excuses... anything to drag the game out and not have to report a loss. With exception to some of the top players who were sweet as to play.

But you do bring up an interesting idea none the less... The "have a crack at Kiwi" ladder. Ive got 10meg free web site space. I might put up a list of players and a simple ranking system for those that lose to, sorry, play me. :D

I might even let Reichmann have a little column to report IN DETAIL any little *accidental* losses I may have ;)