A very Wacky sound mod

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lindan:

you said you took sounds from SP.

copyright issues?<hr></blockquote>

I don't think so. There are many shared sound files from SP:WaW and CM anyway. SP:WaW is also a free game, and it's not like I'm making any profit on this. This is no different than if a CM made the mod themselves, I just took the work out of it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap...I am torn between Capt. Wacky's MG42 sound and Scipio's MG42 sound.

Scipio's sounds more like ripping canvas, but Wacky's sounds good also. Anyone who has heard both, please give me your opinion. Which is more historical, etc.

Also, since the rifle fire mods are universal, won't the Lee Enfield and Mausers also have pinging clips? smile.gif

Side note: Wavs 402 and 403 both sound strange. 402 sounds almost like MG fire followed by a clip ping, and 403 sounds like someone beating a rug with a large stick, followed by a ping. No other issues, though.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bog:

Crap...I am torn between Capt. Wacky's MG42 sound and Scipio's MG42 sound.

Scipio's sounds more like ripping canvas, but Wacky's sounds good also. Anyone who has heard both, please give me your opinion. Which is more historical, etc.

Also, since the rifle fire mods are universal, won't the Lee Enfield and Mausers also have pinging clips? smile.gif

Side note: Wavs 402 and 403 both sound strange. 402 sounds almost like MG fire followed by a clip ping, and 403 sounds like someone beating a rug with a large stick, followed by a ping. No other issues, though.<hr></blockquote>

Not all the rifle fire .wavs are Garands. One is bolt-action and another is just general rifle fire sounds.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bog:

<hr></blockquote>

I solved this by useing only two of the M1 sound files for the four shared rifle squad sounds. So, yes, the bolt action weapons still get the M1 pings from the clips, but not all the time. I just couldn't resist using such a graet mod. The BAR file rocks!

I think Cap'n Wak's MG42 sounds better, but is the less "historical" of the two mods that you mentioned. :cool:

Isn't the MG42 sound from SPR. The ping that you can hear is the belt being fed into the gun. Since the MG belt is attached to a rattling machine, the bullets will "clink" like a chain-link fence. This mod is great. It makes me think of these guys popping off rounds and then ducking down after from the return fire. Actually sometimes I can hear the shots cracking by my squads.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

I for one like the package. Makes the battlefield "feel" different.

Have a question if you dont mind, Where is that music from? I have a feeling I should know it as it is amazingly familiar and it is driving me crazy. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Winter<hr></blockquote>

It's from the intro to Conan the Barbarian, when they are making his father's sword. It's called Anvil of Crom. Movie studios now also tend to use it in trailers for movies like Gladiator and The Scorpion King.

Okay guys, I think I've got something that you'll really like...I've taken the normal explosion sounds and added the effects of shrapnel flying through the air. This stuff really makes it feel like little metal jaggies are whizzing around you.

Of course, it's not complete yet, but expect it and a host of other things in Wacky's The Mother of All Sound Mods ver. 2.0!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

Please send the v2.0 whenever it is done.

tull@sc.rr.com

Winter<hr></blockquote>

It may be a while, depending on what I am able to find to work with & how much time I have. Getting some very cool stuff so far though. I've got a new pistol sound (much more realistic) with the sound of firing, ejecting & inserting a new clip, and pulling the slide before firing again. Very cool

i can believe this guy wacky, he got the sound files and got the credit for mi work, like he did all the selection of sounds he dint work on them and hes bull**** , i was working on them thats why they are not finish editing.. what a lazy son of a b.... :mad:

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: PEIPER#1 ]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: PEIPER#1 ]</p>