Check Out the Computer Games Ad!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

"(P.S. sorry .... What can I say? I teach Graphic and New Media Design students at a community college.)"

Tom, give your students three days to do it from beginning to end whilst montioring a forum, answering dozens of emails and texturing a few hundred vehicles and see how they go ;)

As for A release date guys we cant give anything out there just yet. I am pretty sure Martin confirmed elsewhere on the forum that 'this year' would be a safe bet though smile.gif

Dan

(is that better guys smile.gif )

OK

My appologies Dan smile.gif

Look on the bright side...

I did give you a A+ for timing execution and meeting that tight Deadline :D

given that whole ad was designed in 3 days I'm sure there are NO students I know (not even the good ones) that could whip off that Mag ad in three days.

Good Work! smile.gif

-tom w

[ June 04, 2002, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by Dogface:

Xavier,

dork (dôrk)n. Slang. A stupid, inept, or foolish person.

Dorky adj.

I.E. Jerry Lewis in any of his movies.

FUNNY you would use "Jerry Lewis in any of his movies" as an example (quick lesson in Latin here I.E. means in English "That is" whereas E.G. means "For Example"). Anyway the French as a Nation are known to absolutely LOVE Jerry Lewis. The people of France are know as the BIGGEST fans of Jerry Lewis ANYWHERE in the world and Xavier is from France so that may not have been the best expample of Dorky...

Bill Murray in the old old Saturday Night Live skits with Gilda Radner as Lisa Loopner with Bill Murray playing her boyfriend Todd (Nerd/Dork) would IMHO be a better example of "Dorky"

(Just my opinion)

-tom w

[ June 05, 2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dogface:

Xavier,

dork (dôrk)n. Slang. A stupid, inept, or foolish person.

Dorky adj.

I.E. Jerry Lewis in any of his movies.

FUNNY you would use "Jerry Lewis in any of his movies" as an example (quick lesson in Latin here I.E. means in English "That is" whereas E.G. means "For Example"). Anyway the French as a Nation are known to absolutely LOVE Jerry Lewis. The people of France are know as the BIGGEST fans of Jerry Lewis ANYWHERE in the world and Xavier is from France so that may not have been the best expample of Dorky...

Bill Murray in the old old Saturday Night Live skits with Gilda Radner as Lisa Loopner with Bill Murray playing her boyfriend Todd (Nerd/Dork) would IMHO be a better example of "Dorky"

(Just my opinion)

-tom w</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The mere mention of Jerry Lewis automatically brings to mind the decision not to let US bombers fly the direct route to Libya, so I thought it was better left unsaid.....

Damn shame we accidentally dropped a bomb on their embassy in that one . . .

Anyway the French as a Nation are known to absolutely LOVE Jerry Lewis. The people of France are know as the BIGGEST fans of Jerry Lewis ANYWHERE in the world and Xavier is from France so that may not have been the best expample of Dorky...

That is why I used Mr. Lewis as an example,

and yes I probably should of used exempli gratia

instead of id est.

I still say that Jerry is a Dork. possibly one of the largest.

Originally posted by Dogface:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Anyway the French as a Nation are known to absolutely LOVE Jerry Lewis. The people of France are know as the BIGGEST fans of Jerry Lewis ANYWHERE in the world and Xavier is from France so that may not have been the best expample of Dorky...

That is why I used Mr. Lewis as an example,

and yes I probably should of used exempli gratia

instead of id est.

I still say that Jerry is a Dork. possibly one of the largest.</font>

Woah, I just read through the whole mag and didn't notice the ad until I read this thread. I remember when I specifically looked for ads as clues for what was up and coming, now I've trained myself to skip them as much as possible...

Regarding the ad itself, although it's nice to see anything positive for BTS, here are some thoughts.

I think providing a direct URL to AAR's might be a good thing.

The rightmost pic could be mistaken for an ingame image.

It looks as though the ad is trying to distance CMBB from traditional hexbased cardboard chit style wargames and attract some of the 1st person shooters. Although it would be hard to toss either the requisite image of destruction or the beautiful sig, I think a level 3 or level 4 shot would help give a fuller feel for the game. CM's 3D topography rocks, show it :D

Again although any representation is good, I would have liked to see more in their mention of BTS on page 42.

[ June 07, 2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Durbish ]