Pics from Russia, Tanks and such

This is my second retyped post after the first blew up, because I had one more than the maximum 8 pics. Thought I'd help keep the CMBB fire alive and do my part. Enjoy smile.gif

t34.jpg

T-34/76. These tanks should be fun to drag race across the CMBB battlefield.

t34_85.jpg

Latter T-34 w/85mm. Makes the drag racing still fun later in the war.

isu152.jpg

What will most likely be every German players nightmare, ISU-152. Tiger, pillbox, building, the 'animal hunter' just doesn't care.

is2.jpg

IS-2. Can you say 'Pobeda'?

1gvtb.jpg

Banner of the 1st Guards Tank Brigade, initially commanded by Katukov. This excellent tank commander went on to become commander the 1st Tank Corps and then the 1st Guards Tank Army. The banner reads, "Death to the German Invaders, 1 Guards Tank Brigade."

moskva.jpg

A couple of nice dioramas from the Museum of Victory. This one depicts the Moscow winter counteroffensive.

kursk.jpg

Kursk diorama. Brutal.

Dang! You can only place 7 pics, not 8 as listed. Oh, well, at least I copied the text this time. Here's the last one smile.gif

culture.jpg

Finally, some Russian culture. Beautiful cathedrals within the Kremlin walls.

Grisha, I'm sorry I called the pictures of the miniatures great paintings ( a sign that I'm going blind), but hey, I will call cm a great painting too. It's only a question of perspective.

Someone may say is a LOS issue.

The pictures of the tanks are fearfull, as it always would appeal to the eye.

In a totally different sense, it wouldn't be a bad idea to know of all those fearfull and terrific battles depicted in the dioramas done in childhood, when a child is a commander with a running nose and scratched knees. It will be fun to know, of those hard fought battles in the living room or garden?

Refering from memory to writing those dioramas from the time before all talent was lost.

Believe me, it can't be a bad reading.

freaky,

The dioramas are actually paintings for the most part. Massive paintings, but still paintings. It's only the very foreground that is 'real', so your initial impressions were correct smile.gif

All,

I should also point out that some of those cathedrals have been around since the 13th century, and one (or is it two?) of those cathedrals contain the tombs of much of the royal lineage of Russia. I really wanted to see Ivan the Terrible's tomb, but his wasn't publically accessible.

Commissar,

I don't know why, regarding the Guards badge. None of the banners had anything other than their unit names.

Runyan99,

'Pobeda' is Russian for 'victory'.

killmore,

I haven't seen that movie, but I did buy a video of a new WWII film that just came out in Russia called 'Zvezda' or 'Star'. It's a remake of an older movie, which itself was an adaptation to a novel. The movie is about the razvedchiki, or special reconnaissance troops who were the forerunners of Soviet special operations troops, more commonly known as 'Spetsnaz'. The movie was great, and unlike the original film, was more faithful to the novel.