Two new " classic " scenarios available at TCMHQ

280902A.jpg

Anybody remembers THAT CHURCH in the middle :D

280902B.jpg

Didn´t we see that beautiful village before ?

Even If you - like me - played both scenarios more than 50 times in CMBB .. be assured the battles play different in CMBB !

You can download the new stuff from the " 1941 " and " 1945 " scenario pages on my website.

Cheers

Tom

A public battle would is a nice idea ... I would love to hear if one of the CM cracks can win VOT CMBB as the Germans. I knew the setup , I knew the forces and was slaughtered by the Russian AI twice :( ... the usual CMBO tactics didn´t work here.

Cheers

Tom

I started CE as Germans. This is totaly different game. No spoilers here, but T34 >> Shermans and your troops are not-so-ready to die for the Fatherland.

In short - after about 10 minuts I am ready to re-start the battle. This Bolsheviks must be stopped!

Straif

P.S. Thank you for these scenarios, great work with adaptation.

Michael ,

I know , but do you REALLY want to see Russians with Shermans ??? :rolleyes:

Tom

BTW: Thanks for your friendly help with this one.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Just started this one vs. the AI - hey, did you know there are Shermans in the scenario editor.... ;)

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Michael ,

I know , but do you REALLY want to see Russians with Shermans ??? :rolleyes:

Tom

BTW: Thanks for your friendly help with this one.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Just started this one vs. the AI - hey, did you know there are Shermans in the scenario editor.... ;)

</font>

Half way through CHANCE ENCOUNTER...

Gad, the hull down StuG's are as big a pain as ever. :( Germans hold the church, but all the AFV's are gone save one crack T-34, and I seem to have the edge on the south half of the map.

...Ammo low, send more...

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Ben Galanti:

Yeah, I was hoping the Russians would be in Shermans for CE. I thought it would be interesting to see the differences between CMBO and CMBB by trying to make the OOBs as indentical as possible and seeing how the game played out...

Ben

Please help; me no understand. In CMBO::CE, there were Germans on one side, US on t'other. Now someone transmogrifies scenario to identical thing for CMBB... Wherefore all this talk about Russians and Bolsheviks??? I'm serious, I don't understand. smile.gif Thank you,

Eden

Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to update these scenarios for CM:BB. I just finished "Valley of Trouble" as the Germans (tactical victory). I forgot how much fun that scenario was. It was a nice test scenario for CM:BB. Helped me understand how the new features work. Also showed off some things I had not yet seen in the game.

I'll try "Chance Encounter" tomorrow night.

Thanks again.

Keith

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

Please help; me no understand. In CMBO::CE, there were Germans on one side, US on t'other. Now someone transmogrifies scenario to identical thing for CMBB... Wherefore all this talk about Russians and Bolsheviks??? I'm serious, I don't understand. smile.gif Thank you,

Eden

Well, you can pick Shermans for the Russians. I was trying to find Russian squads that were similar to the US Rifle 45 squads, but didn't have much luck.

The Recon squads were pretty close, but they are one man short (as are the platoon HQs). There is also nothing really similar to the 60mm mortars and Bazookas for the Russians, as far as I can tell...

The German squads are also slightly different (one rifle replace by a MP44 in CMBB, I think).

I'm going to try and tweak the OOBs a little more, since with these changes the Germans are a bit stronger then they were in the CMBO version and the Russians a bit weaker then the Americans were.

Ben

Woot!

Just finished Chance Encounter as the Germans. Total victory 89% with EFOW. I only suffered 7 casulties plus one Stug abandoned. I ended up with all the flags but the small one in the woods on the Soviet side and a Stug with 4 little T-34s painted on its hull. :D Sorry, just thought I'd gloat.

Oh yeah. . . Heavy Machine guns rock! No attack/advance of mine was done without the protection of at least two.

[ October 01, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: IronChef4 ]