Demo is great...but I hope that the sound in the full is better

I've been waiting for this game for a long time and I just hope that the sound in the full version is a little better. I was disappointed, how bout any of the rest of you? The mods for CMBO were better. I do have to say that the gameplay still is great, but the sound makes it like you're on a battlefield. Just wondering...

Originally posted by Fodder:

I do have to say that the gameplay still is great, but the sound makes it like you're on a battlefield. Just wondering...

Uhh, and what were you hoping for? For it to sound like you're in a delicatessen?

I think the sounds are far and away better than CMBO's which were great too.

All hail the Bald Mountain.

I've been waiting for this game for a long time and I just hope that the sound in the full version is a little better. I was disappointed, how bout any of the rest of you? The mods for CMBO were better. I do have to say that the gameplay still is great, but the sound makes it like you're on a battlefield. Just wondering...

Ummmmmm, you just threw a rock at the wasps nest. You have been waiting for a long time with a member number in the 9700's and then you knock down the two biggest improvements in the game??? If you havnt noticed, all the members with numbers below 1000 who have been waiting for a long time have been ranting and raving about how great the sound is and how much better the graphics look. I personally was amazed by the improvement in both areas.

What is that saying? Ah, yes. Dont feed the trolls.

Chad Harrison

I've been waiting for this game for a long time and I just hope that the sound in the full version is a little better. I was disappointed,

{snip}

It says in the readme that the sounds are down-sampled, to reduce download time if that's what you mean. I kind of noticed they lack a little "punch" but I fully expect that to return with the higher sampling rate.

If you troubled to read the Demo "Read Me" file, you would know that the sounds in the demo have been downsampled to decrease the dowload size.

So the quality of the individual sounds, anyway, will be higher in the full version. And of course, with open sound file architecture, you can alway mod in your own sound files, and I'm sure once the game is out for a few months, there will be many sound mods to choose from.

If you're looking for more sounds, rather than higher quality versions of the ones that you're already hearing, who knows? One of the things that was on Madmatt's "wishlist" for sound improvements in CMBB was "setting up" sounds for heavy weapons (i.e., mortar baseplates being driven into the ground, MG belts being pulled out of boxes and fed into breeches, etc.), and these are conspicuously missing in the demo. It is possible that they just didn't have time to add these sounds given all the other new sounds (my personal favorite is the new "bullets hitting dirt" sound), but it is also possible that they didn't include these sounds in the demo, either because they weren't quite ready yet, or because they wanted to keep the download size down.

Either way, soon we'll all be eating the full meal deal. :D

Cheers,

YD

Easy Chad, don't blow a gasket. Just because I haven't posted before doesn't mean that I haven't been waiting for the game. And I was asking for opinions, not trying to tick anyone off. But thanks for making my first post a memorable one.

IMO the sounds in this demo are simply AMAZING!

The screetching of the tank tracks, the MG bullets hitting the gound or bouncing off armour plates, the "Urrrrahhh!" of a human wave assault, The Maxim and the MG34 (my favourite), lots of new voice sounds, the gun sounds, the shattered glass sound of a molotov cocktail hitting a tank...

Just played the Jelnia scenario again. Went down to level one view right behind an assaulted MG34 team.

The sounds are so great I really got scared!

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fodder: {cut}

Ummmmmm, you just threw a rock at the wasps nest. You have been waiting for a long time with a member number in the 9700's and then you knock down the two biggest improvements in the game??? If you havnt noticed, all the members with numbers below 1000 who have been waiting for a long time have been ranting and raving about how great the sound is and how much better the graphics look. I personally was amazed by the improvement in both areas.

What is that saying? Ah, yes. Dont feed the trolls.

Chad Harrison[/QB]</font>

(***vision swimming in and out of focus***)

Wow man. You're getting enough abuse in here already, but I have to ask, is something wrong with your speakers or sound card or something?

It's difficult for me to understand how anyone could think the sounds in this demo are sub par. Personally, I think they impressed me heavily.

I have soundblaster 1024 and sound hear very "flatt",example germany tank citadel operation has very "flatt",not so sceary,if you no what i meaning.CMBO i have better tanks sound,i think,but it is a mod sounds:)

[ September 02, 2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: spwaw ]

actually guys...ive been spoiled by the CMBO sound mods, i have a kick ass speaker...and when ever i get into a battle in CMBO it sounds like war loud and chaotic...before i get flamed i did read the readme.....sound is everything....cant wait for the full version smile.gif

[ September 02, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

The only sound effect I didnt like was the Russian ATR. It sounds a lot like a mortar and it took me a while to figure out what was firing. I hope that one is changed or has a sound mod available for the full game.

Other than that, the individual sounds were great. I especially like the new tank engine sounds. And the Maxim sounds appropriately like a sewing machine. smile.gif

Talenn

hmm looks like I am the first 3 digit number under 1000 to react here smile.gif

dont think the others thought it was a big problem,but please fodder crawl back under that stone in the desert you came from.

you can always go play red alert or something else which you might think is better than this game

only dont spoil our time and bandwidth

The Sound sounds good to me, whats with the rampant member number obsession here?

One of my friends bought this game when it first came out, played the demo before it was even out, and is'nt even a member of this forum.

I still think Mike should get to be member #1 and have to change his member name to All-Star.

[ September 02, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]

hmm looks like I am the first 3 digit number under 1000 to react here

I hope you're not serious with that post Stoffel, because you sound like a real dick. Give a new guy a break, moron.

I'm a vet at CMBO (I'm undefeated...I'll challenge anyone if I have time <g>), and I also find the sounds in the demo lacking... downsampling or not. The sound MODS for CMBO were much better than the originals. I'm sure the same will happen with this one.

[ September 02, 2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: aleader ]