"The Once and Future Lurker #13: I am playing an A$$hole and the view is poor"

Originally posted by The_Capt:

we should not interact with other human beings, except the ones with lumps in the front

You know, whatever those other people might say about you, you do have an inimitable way with words!

As my lit prof once said, "A realist will call a spade a spade, but a naturalist calls it a damn dirty shovel."

:D

Originally posted by Holien:

Capt, please just do the turn.....

;)

I await my fate at your gamey hands.

How on earth I ended up playing three Gamey so and so's is beyond me.

tongue.gif

So do the turn....

H

Turn sent already!!

tongue.gif

[ April 17, 2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: The_Capt ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Offwhite:

As my lit prof once said, "A realist will call a spade a spade, but a naturalist calls it a damn dirty shovel."

:D

That's why lit profs make lousy grogs. They don't realize there is a huge difference between a spade and a shovel.</font>

Originally posted by The_Capt:

3. "askjlfhlakj_002azx.txt". Oh ya, my favorite!! I call it "filexyia" or the inability to name/number PBEM files according to any basic logical alphanumerical system. You may send "CaptvsIdiotboy_001.txt" and you get "IdiotboyvsCapt_A.txt" and trust me it goes down hill from there.

I hate to admit it, but every once in a while (like once in a year) I get these laughter attacks. Just can't stop laughing, even if I wanted to. This one hit the spot.

Capt, keep them coming. Reading you loud and clear.

Don't forget my own nemesis - the silent TCP player.

You start with the usual greetings during setup, and after resorting to CAPS LOCK on the fourth attempt, you receive a response - 'Hi'.

OK he's probably in the middle of a difficult setup and at least he has made some response, so maybe we'll be chatting when we get into the game. However, the silence drags on despite all your chat, but maybe on every fourth turn you will receive a 'Yeah'.

So you start to think, is he psyching me out, is he there at all, will he ever hit GO, and what exactly is he doing which is keeping him from using a keyboard? At that point, you are doomed.