Sneak Previews outside the USA?

It appears that sneak previews are breaking out all over the US.

Are there any planned for other countries (i.e. are there any Beta Testers from Aust, NZ, UK etc)?

Or was it a case of having all the testers in roughly the same time zone to simplify matters?

I'm happy to drive for a few hours but flying half way around the planet seems a bit much (I know, I should take a long hard look at myself and my commitment levels).

There are testers in several European countries ( Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Russia, Italy etc) as well as "down under".

Whether they want to put themselves through the hassle of getting potshots taken at them for showing CM:BB during their own free time ( a la Rune) is another matter though which each will, I'm sure, decide individually.

Originally posted by Fionn:

Whether they want to put themselves through the hassle of getting potshots taken at them for showing CM:BB during their own free time ( a la Rune) is another matter though which each will, I'm sure, decide individually.

Yes it does appear that these acts of individual generousity have incurred a disproportional response. Of course such an event in Aust would have the additional logistic burden of supplying enough Beer / Bundy to satisfy all the guests!

[ July 08, 2002, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

There's a few Aussies involved in the beta test.

I'm the Melbourne rep, and I know of one in Sydney, one in Perth and one in Queensland (although he's Battlefront staff).

Be nice to know if any of the locals would be interested in a viewing.

Mace

Well,

Here is one vote for Sydney.

I have a LAN (100T and Airport) and can support a multi machine / multi platform demo (as long as someone brings a Windoze box along). I can even source a data projector if people want to see stuff on a "big screen".

If there is enough interest I can arrange a hall in Parramatta for $0 (and access to a private bar - you have to pay for that).

If a Sydney person wants to email me directly I'll see what we can come up with.

[ July 08, 2002, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

Originally posted by Mace:

There's a few Aussies involved in the beta test.

I'm the Melbourne rep, and I know of one in Sydney, one in Perth and one in Queensland (although he's Battlefront staff).

Be nice to know if any of the locals would be interested in a viewing.

Mace

No! Never!

It defames everything we hold dear for Australians (that most hated of peoples) to begin to discuss 'sneak previews' of CMBB.

It must not happen!

BFC, I beg of you: Do not simply forbid the Australians from a sneak preview of CMBB, but immediately rip the Beta-test copies from the clutching paws of Marsupials like Mace! (bolded because he's an esteemed member of the Peng Challenge Thread).

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Do not simply forbid the Australians from a sneak preview of CMBB, but immediately rip the Beta-test copies from the clutching paws of Marsupials like Mace! (bolded because he's an esteemed member of the Peng Challenge Thread).

Seanachai,

Nothing will bring me as much joy as the day you finally see the fruits of: Battlefront's fine efforts over the past few years; the hard slog done by all the scenario designers; and the sweat and toil of the beta testers.

....Oh, except for your look of dismay when you realise that the Aussie contribution this time around is far more significant than with CMBO. ;)

Mace

Originally posted by Fionn:

There are testers in several European countries ( Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Russia, Italy etc) as well as "down under".

In Italy? Forum member?

--------------------------

Aha, now we have sneak previews.

Originally posted by Mace:

....Oh, except for your look of dismay when you realise that the Aussie contribution this time around is far more significant than with CMBO. ;) .

Ah so the secret Lend Lease Aussie Cruiser tanks sent to Russia in 1943 are modelled then?

Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

If there is anybody in Wellington who is keen for a preview, please contact me

It is good to know that when I use all your great mods Marco I am buying kiwi made smile.gif

Unfortunately I am in Auckland. Is kiwijoe a beta tester? Maybe kj could do something in Auckland...?

Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

If there is anybody in Wellington who is keen for a preview, please contact me and I'll try to make some time free to arrange something. (Although I only have 1 PC.)

I would have prefered Paris but since it's you, I'm coming.

I want a Preview of CMBB and an Hellcat MOD done.

Stop mumbling...

:D

Marco good to see a Kiwi on the team......

You wouldnt happen to be coming down to Christchurch this weekend to watch the All Blacks kick some Aussie arse......if so ;)

[ July 09, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: crocky ]

Originally posted by crocky:

You wouldnt happen to be coming down to Christchurch this weekend to watch the All Blacks kick some Aussie arse......if so ;)

I seem to remember a different result the last time we met in the "house of pain" - and no Jonah Lomu either!

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Well,

I have a LAN (100T and Airport) and can support a multi machine / multi platform demo (as long as someone brings a Windoze box along). I can even source a data projector if people want to see stuff on a "big screen".

If there is enough interest I can arrange a hall in Parramatta for $0 (and access to a private bar - you have to pay for that).

If a Sydney person wants to email me directly I'll see what we can come up with.

I'm in sydney and I will bring the bundy. A hall in Parramatta with a bar? You must still be involved with the lancers smile.gif

Originally posted by crocky:

Marco good to see a Kiwi on the team......

Crocky

Long time no shake a stick at. The aussies are so confident they decided to rest Wendel when they heard Lomu was out smile.gif

Originally posted by Pacestick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

Well,

I'm in sydney and I will bring the bundy. A hall in Parramatta with a bar? You must still be involved with the lancers smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Pacestick:

Congatulations on the posting. You must have oodles of time for playing cm now you do not have a squadron. Are you up for a game?

Spare time - Yeh just like you probably had in your last (namesake) posting. There's nothing like keeping the CO on the straight and narrow.

Actually we are using CMBO as a trg aid (no snide comments about the M113 being like a M3 Half Track). We give the Tp Ldrs a WWII Recce Tp (either Allied or Axis) and let them loose in a "tgt rich environment". There's nothing like watching your call signs erupting in flame to cure them of the "invulnerable Tankie" syndrome and realise that they have to "sneak and peak" for a living.