How many days until CM:BB?

Don't worry MrSpkr. Captain Wacky is REALLY wacky on this one.

From the CMBB announcement page:

Battlefront.com announces that its upcoming Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin (CMBB), a realistic 3D WWII ground combat simulation of warfare on the Eastern Front, from 1941 to 1945, will be released for the PC and Mac by September 20th, 2002.
The good captain must've been crossed eyed when he read that. ;)

[ August 12, 2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Wrong date be damned, but my point remains the same. CMBB will be released by the 20th, which leaves the door open for a possible earlier release. Now, if they'd said CMBB will be release on the 20th...

My pardon, Captain, you gotta point there. Ok, 38 days and a wake up -or less. ;)

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Wankers, all. If you read the homepage carefully, you'll realize that CMBB will be released by Sept 28th. So, if Charles and the gang receive a midnight visit or two from the programming fairy, we might just get the game a bit earlier than hoped for.

No kidding? Gee, thanks for the insight.

I've rented a concord jet liner. My plan is to fly around the world forwards, so fast, that I travel to the 20th. I've loaded this pig out with fuel... and since the actual flying time to the 20th will be about four and a half days....

:D

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

There's only 30 days in September. Thirty days past September, April, May, and November, except February, which some nimrod in Rome forgot to calculate correctly.

um

maybe I'm wrong (Math is not might strong suit) but Aug has 31 days and the 30 Days in Sept don't count because the game comes out on the 20th day of Sept. so you have to count the 31st day of aug

SO

31 days

-tom w

Originally posted by zukkov:

you know, we have the romans to blame for july and august. if it weren't for them, we'd have been playing the game a month ago!

Jesus Christ was born no later than 4 B.C. since B.C. means 'before Christ.' But our modern calendar which splits time between B.C. and A.D. was not invented until A.D. 525. At that time, Pope John the First asked a monk named Dionysius to prepare a standardized calendar for the western Church. Unfortunately, poor Dionysius missed the real B.C./A.D. division by at least four years!

If it weren't for him, we'd have been playing the game 4 years ago!

Now if we really want to get into who's to blame here, The loss of the ancient world's single greatest archive of knowledge, the Library of Alexandria, has been lamented for ages.

In 48 BC, Caesar was pursuing Pompey into Egypt when he was suddenly cut off by an Egyptian fleet at Alexandria. Greatly outnumbered and in enemy territory, Caesar ordered the ships in the harbor to be set on fire. The fire spread and destroyed the Egyptian fleet. Unfortunately, it also burned down part of the city - the area where the great Library of Alexandria stood.

It was calculated by Carl Sagen that this single event which caused the loss of all of the worlds scientific and technological knowledge at the time, may have set the human race back some 5,000 years in achievement.

Therefore, if not for Ceasar's indiscretions in Eqypt and if you figure in the time variences, we should have had CMBB 1,000 years ago, plus or minus Tom's 31 days. :D

[ August 20, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Now if we really want to get into who's to blame here, The loss of the ancient world's single greatest archive of knowledge, the Library of Alexandria, has been lamented for ages.

In 48 BC, Caesar was pursuing Pompey into Egypt when he was suddenly cut off by an Egyptian fleet at Alexandria. Greatly outnumbered and in enemy territory, Caesar ordered the ships in the harbor to be set on fire. The fire spread and destroyed the Egyptian fleet. Unfortunately, it also burned down part of the city - the area where the great Library of Alexandria stood.

It was calculated by Carl Sagen that this single event which caused the loss of all of the worlds scientific and technological knowledge at the time, may have set the human race back some 5,000 years in achievement.

Therefore, if not for Ceasar's indiscretions in Eqypt and if you figure in the time variences, we should have had CMBB 1,000 years ago, plus or minus Tom's 31 days. :D

GREAT story

ALL true

the loss of that Great Library of Alexandria was indeed a tragedy and many these days have no idea how great a tragedy as it held many great works of the occult and knowledge of things like Astrology and the Kabala.

oh well

As Homer S. would say:

Doh!

-tomw

[ August 20, 2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]